Help Needed - Getting Personal mail using Roaming profiles

Help Needed - Getting Personal mail using Roaming profiles

Post by c4is » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Intel Twin processor 200Mhz Pentium (Raid5) NT4 Server (SP4) - PDC
Intel Twin processor 200 Mhz Pentium NT4 Server (SP4) - Exchange Server
Intel 100 & 133 Mhz Pentium NT4 Workstation (SP4)

I am trying to build new NT Network using Exchange Server using Roaming
profiles held on PDC, but cannot find any info on who to sent Username in
post office to allow users to login at any machine.

Can anyone advise me how it can be done or suggest any source material I can
read for help.

Help Needed - Getting Personal mail using Roaming profiles

Quote:>Intel Twin processor 200Mhz Pentium (Raid5) NT4 Server (SP4) - PDC

http://www.slipstick.com/exs/olroam.htm

--
Chris Scharff       ! The real winners in life are the
MVP Exchange        ! people who look at every situation

ROT13 required for SMTP Address

1. Roaming MAPI profiles vs roaming User profiles

Is it possible to have roaming MAPI profiles on a PC which never goes down?
(ie no one logs out or reboots these machines)? I don't mean simply adding a
few additional profiles to a PC.  I have hundreds of users who may or may
not be on the same floor each day, or even in the same state. These users
are doctors and nurses. The machines thay are using are running patient care
applications and cannot be rebooted each time a user wants to check email.
Keep in mind there is some security on these PCs. Generally the head nurse
will reboot the PC and login at the beginning of her 12 hour shift. This is
necessary for file print rights. But if she is ICU she may have access to
different apps as opposed to a nurse in ER.

Is it possible to create a global profile list on a server that the users
can select from when the start Outlook?

Are my options limited to OWA or Winframe, or is there another way?

Please send/post any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,
            Dave

Dave Caylor
PC/LAN Team
Alverno Information Services

phone: 317-532-7800, ext 6204

2. Message forwarding in Exchange 5.5

3. Windows 2k AD migration

4. Custom Contact Forms for Public Folders

5. Roaming Outlook Profiles using mandatory user profiles - 3.51 clients, 4.0 server, 5.0 Exchange

6. Sending e-mail from command line

7. How do I set up roaming profiles using olk97, 98,and 2000

8. I need to know how to set up roaming or roving profiles for exchange

9. Using multiple roaming profiles without logoff network

10. MS Mail/Exchange - Roaming Mail Profiles - possible?

11. Roaming Profiles with outlook profiles