Help! Services will not start?

Post by Keith Warma » Sun, 14 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to install Exchange 5.5 eval. version, and it will not start its
services during the setup.  Naturally, setup cannot continue.  I
uninstalled IE 4.0, but still getting the same results.  Current
configuration follows:

NT 4.0 SP 3 (128 bit encryption version)
IIS 3.0
Proxy 2.0
ASP for IIS

I'm sure there is a simple explaination for this somewhere...

Thanks ahead of time,

Keith

Post by Rich Matheis » Mon, 15 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>I'm trying to install Exchange 5.5 eval. version, and it will not start its
>services during the setup.  Naturally, setup cannot continue.  I
>uninstalled IE 4.0, but still getting the same results.  Current
>configuration follows:

Look in the Event Log and see what the error is that's preventing the
services from starting.

Help! Services will not start?

Post by Keith Warma » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Rich:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Shortly after posting this message, I was able
to do more research on some newsgroups and found that many others have had
the same problem.  There seems to be a variety of ways to solve the
problem.  Most have seen that removing IE 4.0+ and/or Proxy 2.0 will help.
Well, I ended up removing IE 4.0, IIS 3.0, Proxy Server 2.0 and Norton
Antivirus for NT ver 2.0.  After all of that, it installed.  Naturally, in
order to install the web services, I had to put back IIS.  There seems to
be a pretty big problem with installing this software.  Its almost as bad
as Oracle software used to be!!  Com'on guys!!

Keith

Quote: