How to enable Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003 (RC1)

How to enable Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003 (RC1)

Post by Anders Horg » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:22:06

Hello,

I have just installed Exchange 2003 RC1 on Windows 2003 Enterprise
Server (RC1)and I need som assitance to enable Outlook Web Access
2003.
The Exchange 2003 server have been installed
on the primary domain controller and this is the only server I am
testing with.

The installation have added Exchange virtual server which I also can
see in the Internet Information Services. Does any one have an setup
guide
on how to enable the Outlook Web Access 2003?
I can't find any documentation on this subject.

I am able to access the mailboxes that I have created via MAPI RPC,
have not tested with MAPI RPC/HTTPS since I don't have the Outlook
2003 Beta
client yet, by the way, does any one know where I can download the
Outlook 2003 Beta from instead of ordering the kit from MS free?

Thanks

Best Regards
Anders Horgen

How to enable Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003 (RC1)

Post by Peter H. Larse » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:44:27

OWA is installed as default, just point your browser to
http://servername/exchange

/Peter Larsen

Quote:> Hello,

> I have just installed Exchange 2003 RC1 on Windows 2003 Enterprise
> Server (RC1)and I need som assitance to enable Outlook Web Access
> 2003.
> The Exchange 2003 server have been installed
> on the primary domain controller and this is the only server I am
> testing with.

> The installation have added Exchange virtual server which I also can
> see in the Internet Information Services. Does any one have an setup
> guide
> on how to enable the Outlook Web Access 2003?
> I can't find any documentation on this subject.

> I am able to access the mailboxes that I have created via MAPI RPC,
> have not tested with MAPI RPC/HTTPS since I don't have the Outlook
> 2003 Beta
> client yet, by the way, does any one know where I can download the
> Outlook 2003 Beta from instead of ordering the kit from MS free?

> Thanks

> Best Regards
> Anders Horgen

1. Win 2003 Exchange 2003 RC1 with Office 2003 Beta 2

Hi,

yesterday I performed a clean install of Windows 2003, with Exchange 2003 RC1 and Office 2003 Beta 2, just as is recommended on the exchange 2003 site. On the site there is also mentioned to obtain an office 2003 update:
  To install the Office 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh:

    1.. Install Office 2003 Beta 2.
    2.. Use the Microsoft Office Update detection tool to detect and install the Office System 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh.
When I use the detection tool no update is found, I also can not find the technical refresh as a downloadable file. But Outlook 2003 does not work.

Has someone experienced the same problem?
Does anyone know where to get the update?

Thanks!

Marco

2. Public Folder Access

3. Exchange 2003 RC1 with Outlook 2003 Beta 2

4. Outbound Internet mail stuck in queue

5. Exchange 2003 RC1 problem with web outlook

6. CPU 100 percent

7. RC1: Will Exchange 2003 appear before Octover/2003?

8. Incorrect Version of Form on FWD

9. Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Outlook Web Access - How to show the web page based logon screen

10. EXC 2003 RC1 and Windows.Net Server 2003 Beta

11. Outlook XP / Outlook 2003 problems...with Exchange 2003

12. Problem accessing OMA in Exchange 2003 RC1

13. Granting DefaultAppPool Access to Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003