EXC 2003 RC1 and Windows.Net Server 2003 Beta

EXC 2003 RC1 and Windows.Net Server 2003 Beta

Post by Robert wilso » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 12:10:39

I'm trying to install Exchange 2003 RC1 on an Windows.net Server 2003 beta
and it will not let me install.  It tells me I need Windows Server 2003.
Secondly does any one know where I can find the Office Technical Beta
Refresh that Microsoft says you need to install before you can use Office
2003 with Exchange 2003

Robert Wilson
WDMS Recovery Centers

EXC 2003 RC1 and Windows.Net Server 2003 Beta

Post by Jonatha » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 12:14:52

Your license to use Windows Server 2003 betas expired on April 24th of this
year.  After that date, it needs to be removed from all computers it was on

--
--Jonathan
http://www.imbored.biz - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step

Quote:> I'm trying to install Exchange 2003 RC1 on an Windows.net Server 2003 beta
> and it will not let me install.  It tells me I need Windows Server 2003.
> Secondly does any one know where I can find the Office Technical Beta
> Refresh that Microsoft says you need to install before you can use Office
> 2003 with Exchange 2003

> Robert Wilson
> WDMS Recovery Centers

EXC 2003 RC1 and Windows.Net Server 2003 Beta

Post by Robert wilso » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 12:23:19

Are you sure about that?  I just recieved the CD from Microsoft in May of
this year.

Quote:> I'm trying to install Exchange 2003 RC1 on an Windows.net Server 2003 beta
> and it will not let me install.  It tells me I need Windows Server 2003.
> Secondly does any one know where I can find the Office Technical Beta
> Refresh that Microsoft says you need to install before you can use Office
> 2003 with Exchange 2003

> Robert Wilson
> WDMS Recovery Centers

EXC 2003 RC1 and Windows.Net Server 2003 Beta

Post by Jonatha » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 15:19:53

Hm...Weird.  Check the EULA.TXT file for the license agreement that states
that the license expired on April 24th.  You can sign up for a 180 day
evaluation copy of the final:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/trial/default.mspx

--
--Jonathan
http://www.imbored.biz - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step
tutorial site :-)
Replies by Email will not be read and will be deleted on the spot.  Unless I
ask you to Email me, please do not.  Reply by newsgroup only, please.

> Are you sure about that?  I just recieved the CD from Microsoft in May of
> this year.

> > I'm trying to install Exchange 2003 RC1 on an Windows.net Server 2003
beta
> > and it will not let me install.  It tells me I need Windows Server 2003.
> > Secondly does any one know where I can find the Office Technical Beta
> > Refresh that Microsoft says you need to install before you can use
Office
> > 2003 with Exchange 2003

> > Robert Wilson
> > WDMS Recovery Centers

EXC 2003 RC1 and Windows.Net Server 2003 Beta

Post by Max Vaysburd [MS » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:16:26

Download evaluation version of Windows Server 2003.  Exchange 2003 RC1 will
not work with pre-release versions of Windows Server 2003.

--
Max Vaysburd
Exchange Setup Developer

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> I'm trying to install Exchange 2003 RC1 on an Windows.net Server 2003 beta
> and it will not let me install.  It tells me I need Windows Server 2003.
> Secondly does any one know where I can find the Office Technical Beta
> Refresh that Microsoft says you need to install before you can use Office
> 2003 with Exchange 2003

> Robert Wilson
> WDMS Recovery Centers

1. Win 2003 Exchange 2003 RC1 with Office 2003 Beta 2

Hi,

yesterday I performed a clean install of Windows 2003, with Exchange 2003 RC1 and Office 2003 Beta 2, just as is recommended on the exchange 2003 site. On the site there is also mentioned to obtain an office 2003 update:
  To install the Office 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh:

    1.. Install Office 2003 Beta 2.
    2.. Use the Microsoft Office Update detection tool to detect and install the Office System 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh.
When I use the detection tool no update is found, I also can not find the technical refresh as a downloadable file. But Outlook 2003 does not work.

Has someone experienced the same problem?
Does anyone know where to get the update?

Thanks!

Marco

2. Upgrading Exchange 5.0 to 5.5

3. Exchange 2003 RC1 with Outlook 2003 Beta 2

4. Auto Sigs on Exchange 5.5

5. Exchange 2003 Beta 2--Windows 2003 Server

6. SMTP Error with SP2. Need assistance!

7. Exchange 2003 on Windows .NET Server 2003

8. Site Replication Services

9. Installing Exchange 2003 Beta 2 on Windows Server 2003 RC2

10. problem installing ASP.NET on the 64bit windows .NET 2003 server

11. BETA: Exchange 2003 RC1 server Activesync

12. Exchange 2003 RC1 and Share Point Portal Server 2 Beta

13. cannot install Exchange 2003 on .Net Server 2003