Exchange pop3 user received invitation as text ?

Exchange pop3 user received invitation as text ?

Post by Polly Hu » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 07:53:30

We have an Exchange user who is checking his Exchange mail via pop3 using Outlook
2000.  When we send him an invitation, it appears as text when he received it, ie
no Accept, Decline buttons.  We are already sending the invitation as iCalendar,
Rich Text or HTML and still it appears as text when he received it?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Exchange pop3 user received invitation as text ?

Post by uncy_h.. » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:26:12

Polly,

I don't believe that the calendaring features are supported via the
send method you are using.

What may be happening though, is that at your SMTP connector, you are
removing the winmail.dat file which contains all of the extra
formatting hullabaloo. Something to look at, I guess.

Adam.

Quote:> We have an Exchange user who is checking his Exchange mail via pop3 =
> using Outlook=20
> 2000.  When we send him an invitation, it appears as text when he =
> received it, ie=20
> no Accept, Decline buttons.  We are already sending the invitation as
=
> iCalendar,=20
> Rich Text or HTML and still it appears as text when he received it?

> Any idea?

> Thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Invitation appears as text

We have an Exchange user who is checking his Exchange mail via pop3 using Outlook
2000.  When we send him an invitation, it appears as text when he received it, ie
no Accept, Decline buttons.  We are already sending the invitation as iCalendar
and still it appears as text when he received it?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

2. Mail Reports

3. attendee not receiving invitation in calendar

4. Windows Messaging / IMN

5. Attendee not receiving Invitation in calendar

6. CPU utilisation remains constant at 100 % as soon as EMSMTA process starts

7. Meeting Invitations with Imap/Pop3

8. Outlook 97 Travelling User Concept

9. Email Received via POP3, not delivered to User

10. XADM: POP3 Users Does not Receive an Attachment if Part of D

11. Meeting Rooms as users/resources - auto accept invitations isn't working

12. POP3 Clear text passwords disabled on Exchange 5.0

13. OWA users send garbled text to Juno web mail users