Auto Receipt

Post by Jason La » Sun, 14 Dec 1997 04:00:00

How do I configure the Exchange Server 5.0 to give back a receipt to the
sender when the mail is read ?  I noticed that when the incoming mail has a
header like this to request a receipt:

The system recognizes this and does give back a receipt when the mail is
read ( not just delivered.)

However, if the incoming mail message contains this header instead (when
requesting receipt):

Exchange fails to recognize it and hence does not give a receipt.  I don't
know if there are some other formats asking for receipts in this world.
But the "Disposition" header seems to be quite popular in many mailing
systems ( Pine, Eudora, etc.)  This "Receipt" header seems to be used by
Exchange only.

Is there anyway to configure Exchange such that all formats are recognized
?

Thanks for all suggestions.

Jason

1. Auto-receipt receipt

In Exchange Server 5.0, how do you set it to send an automatic receipt for
all incoming mail through the IMC?  I coulda swore this was possible and
that I had done it before, but now I can't remember how to do it.  I don't
want to do it on the client end for each individual mailbox, just on the
server.

jdn

2. NDR - Max time expired

3. Auto Receipt

4. backup

5. cannot creat mailbox

6. Auto Return Receipt

7. Rights or Permissions needed to Backup Exchange

8. Auto Sending of Delivery Receipts

9. Auto Delivery Receipt Notification

10. Return Receipt for Auto Forward from folder

11. Auto Send of email on Receipt of new mail

12. Read Receipt & Delivery Receipt