Reading & Sending Non-Western Type e-mails through Exchange

Reading & Sending Non-Western Type e-mails through Exchange

Post by Stephen Kainum » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello

We currently have our Character Set Settings on the IMS set to Western
European (ISO-8859-1) for both MIME & Non-MIME. A few users would like to
send and receive e-mails that are encoded in different character sets ie
Japanese. One user said that he can type Japanese characters but at the
receiving end the e-mail is garbled. Can I switch to another Character Set
without any side effects? If so, which one(s)?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Kainuma
INETCO Systems Ltd.