Returning Non-deliverable mail

Post by Bria » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 02:01:56

If we receive an email to an unknown (mis-spelled name)
address I can forward the message to the administrator.
However the original sender does not recieve
notification.  Can I automatically have Exchange 2000
send the notification to the sender outside our office?

Post by MV » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 19:17:31

>If we receive an email to an unknown (mis-spelled name)
>address I can forward the message to the administrator.
>However the original sender does not recieve
>notification.  Can I automatically have Exchange 2000
>send the notification to the sender outside our office?

Look iN ESM > Glocal Settings > Internet Message Formats > Advanced
tab of the default. Various tick boxes to suit

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Returning Non-deliverable mail

Post by Bria » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 06:16:37

I have looked in this area and all options are checked.
Still not getting NDR to original sender of email.

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 07:37:42

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 15:16:37 -0600, Brian wrote

> I have looked in this area and all options are checked.
> Still not getting NDR to original sender of email.

There's no option to not send an NDR... unless you installed an event sink to
create wildcard mailboxes (and then you'd need to modify the sink). If the
NDRs aren't getting out, I'd suggest looking at your firewall

--
Chris Scharff
The Mail Resource Center