Two DNS names on one Exchange server

Post by Charle » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I want to have two DNS names on one Exchange server.  For example, I want
my Exchange server to be known as

serverA.company.com and serverB.company.com.  I currently have this
configuration, but mail sent to serverB.company.com from the outside is not
picked up by the Exchange server.

TIA,

Charley

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>I want to have two DNS names on one Exchange server.  For example, I want
>my Exchange server to be known as

>serverA.company.com and serverB.company.com.  I currently have this
>configuration, but mail sent to serverB.company.com from the outside is not
>picked up by the Exchange server.

Add the other e-mail domain to the IMS "Routing" tab. Or just place
"company.com <inbound>" in there.

Don't forget to add the addresses to the appropriate mailboxes!
Richard Matheisen                             Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

Two DNS names on one Exchange server

Post by Amiri Jone » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

> I want to have two DNS names on one Exchange server.  For example, I want
> my Exchange server to be known as

> serverA.company.com and serverB.company.com.  I currently have this
> configuration, but mail sent to serverB.company.com from the outside is
not
> picked up by the Exchange server.

        On your DNS server, create two MX records, one for serverA.company.com and
one for serverB.company.com, and point both of them either to the IP
address of the server, or an A record in the same database that is defined
with the IP address of your server.  Next, configure the Routing tab of
your IMS connection to define both serverA.company.com and
serverB.company.com as inbound domains.

1. Two email Server but only ONE DNS HELP

Hi,

We are subscribing to a new ISP but has an existing line (both are permanent
line).  The older line has our domain name registered and has an unix
sendmail as the email server.  The new line will have an exchange server as
the email server (only ip address no dns name).  Our plan is to use both
line and wait for the contract  of the old line to expire before we move the
dns to the new line (not wanting a new dns).     is it possible to route the
incoming mail from the old server to the exchange and for users connected to
the exchange network to send email.

BTW, the new and old line are on two separate LAN network and different ISP.
Thanks for you help.

Regards,
Kueh.

2. Global Adress book access from OWA

3. Two in one domain name in Exchange Server

4. Synchronous event handler question

5. One Exchange server host two Domain names?

6. how to setup a conference room in exchange server 5.5?

7. Two domain name in one exchange server

8. Public Folders and Shared Calenders

9. How to setup SMTP services with two different domain name in one win2000 server(Exchange 2000)

10. Two domain name too one Exchange server

11. Two email domain names, one exchange server.

12. Two Servers, two domains one Exchange

13. Have two mailboxes for two Exchange 5.5 servers in one profile