forwarding email for a domain

Post by Kizeton » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:14:29

Hi All,

We're moving our servers (web and email) to a new location, and I would like
to make it so no incoming mails go back to the sender in the time I am
physically driving the boxes to another site.

My idea is: there is an exchange 2000 server still left on the first
location after I move the web and "main" email server. But that server
belongs to another domain... Is there a way to say to this exchange server
that if a mail comes for "main" domain, than it should forward it to the
another IP adress...?
Could it be so simple as just adding IP and domain name in hosts-record? Or
would that be to easy...?   :O)

Thanx in advance!

Regards,
                Zoran

forwarding email for a domain

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:00:12

See if your ISP/DNS host will set up a secondary/tertiary MX record that
points to their store/forward server. If they won't, see www.zoneedit.com -
it's something you should have in place anyway.

> Hi All,

> We're moving our servers (web and email) to a new location, and I
> would like to make it so no incoming mails go back to the sender in
> the time I am physically driving the boxes to another site.

> My idea is: there is an exchange 2000 server still left on the first
> location after I move the web and "main" email server. But that server
> belongs to another domain... Is there a way to say to this exchange
> server that if a mail comes for "main" domain, than it should forward
> it to the another IP adress...?
> Could it be so simple as just adding IP and domain name in
> hosts-record? Or would that be to easy...?   :O)

> Thanx in advance!

> Regards,
>                 Zoran

1. forwarding email to non-domain email address

Hi All,

Our firm has email on Exchange 5.5 (Win NT 4.0 sp6).

We are establishing a new office in the other part of the country, and there
should come one more server that in future will be communicating with this
one we have now. All the users that are now on this server should be moved
to the new server. But until then, some users that will from now on work in
that faraway office, should have forwarded their business emails to some
ordinary ISP email accounts (POP3, SMTP), in fact - their private email
accounts.

I have searched throughout all the options in hope to find any kind of
forwarding to an email account that is out of our own domain, but I coulnd't
find it. Is there a possibility to do it anyway?

Thanx in advance,

                       Zoran

2. Misaddressed messages

3. Forwarding Email from one domain to another

4. Bloated Information Store

5. Forwarding email to another domain???

6. Exchange 5.5 - Public Calendars not displaying availabilty under "Atendee Availbility".

7. forwarding email for a domain

8. Exchange System Manager component

9. Forwarding email to different domain

10. Help!: acceping forwarded emails from another domain...

11. How to get Exchange to forward email to different domain

12. Exchange 5.5 & forwarding email, autoreply, multiple domains

13. Global Forwarding Email from one domain name to another