Exchange 5.5 Standard to Enterprise upgrade (reinstall) error

Exchange 5.5 Standard to Enterprise upgrade (reinstall) error

Post by James Lundgre » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:09:22

My company purchased the Exchange server 5.5 Enterprise ver after we found
we need to get past the 16GB limitation (our store is at approximately 15.8
GB) and I am trying to upgrade our Std. ver to this new enterprise edition.
I am attempting to do the "Reinstall" option as support directs someone
attempting this to do, however just after it shuts down the Exchange
services gracefully, and prepares for installation, the setup fails - first
with an error c106fc0d then after clicking OK, it pops up Error ID no:
c1032c08 twice.

I have removed all anti-virus, shutdown and disabled all the BackupExec
services, tried everything - to no avail., anyone come across this before??

Currently Running:

Exchange Server 5.5 Standard edition with Service Pack 4
Windows 2000 Service Pack 2
IE 5.5 sp2

Thanks,
James

Exchange 5.5 Standard to Enterprise upgrade (reinstall) error

Post by Myster » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 00:28:42

Have you ensured that your priv and pub datastores are not corrupted ?
You'll need to run eseutil (I think it's called) and run the options to
check the data stores integrity and then repair it if neccessary.  Before
doing any upgrade you need to make sure that there is NO corruption at all
with the data stores.

Quote:> My company purchased the Exchange server 5.5 Enterprise ver after we found
> we need to get past the 16GB limitation (our store is at approximately
15.8
> GB) and I am trying to upgrade our Std. ver to this new enterprise
edition.
> I am attempting to do the "Reinstall" option as support directs someone
> attempting this to do, however just after it shuts down the Exchange
> services gracefully, and prepares for installation, the setup fails -
first
> with an error c106fc0d then after clicking OK, it pops up Error ID no:
> c1032c08 twice.

> I have removed all anti-virus, shutdown and disabled all the BackupExec
> services, tried everything - to no avail., anyone come across this
before??

> Currently Running:

> Exchange Server 5.5 Standard edition with Service Pack 4
> Windows 2000 Service Pack 2
> IE 5.5 sp2

> Thanks,
> James

1. Exchange Server 5.5 Standard to Enterprise Upgrade error!

I am the system admin for a 4,000+ Exchange mailbox
organization and desperately need to upgrade our MSE 5.5
Standard installation to the "Enterprise" version as soon
as possible.  We are at the 15.81GB mark, quickly nearing
the 16GB limitation with the standard ver, however I can
not get past the error during reinstallation (the
suggested upgd path as posted in TechNet and the support
area).  After it checks if the system is ready for upgrade
and shuts down all the Exchange services, I receive
a "c106fc0d" error followed by "call Support services, the
installation has stopped because of error, restart your
services, yada, yada, ERROR No.: c1032c08."..  Neither of
these errors are anywhere in the support forums or the web
in general.  Has anyone come across this?

errors during Enterprise ver reinstallation:
- c106fc0d
- c1032c08

Running Windows 2000 Server, SP2
MS Exchange Server 5.5 Standard, SP 4

Thank you,
James Lundgren

2. how do I move my MBX (outlook web access) folder to another drive correctly?

3. Upgrade Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise

4. Changing the system clock

5. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on Win2K

6. HELP with Winmail.dat

7. Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Edition Upgrade

8. how do I create an alias for a public folder????

9. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to 5.5 Enterprise.

10. upgrade for Exchange 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

11. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to 5.5 Enterprise Edition...

12. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard -> 5.5 Enterprise

13. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 standard -> 5.5 enterprise