Setting up Exchange Server to prevent mail relaying

Setting up Exchange Server to prevent mail relaying

Post by Jeff Bowm » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello, all...

I've seen discussion about the ability to configure Exchange to prevent spammers
from bouncing off of my server.

How is this done -- is it difficult?

TIA,
Jeff

1. Relay setting prevents mail to external domain

Hi,

   Does this sound logical? When restricting relaying, a dialup user cannot
send email to a domain other than the one we are running our Exchange server
in.

  On the other hand, I dont want to be put on many organization's black
lists for enabling relaying.

Is there another solution?

Thanks,

Paul

2. install System Manager on W2K Server?

3. Setting up to prevent mail relaying

4. can't expand public folers in Exhange System Manager

5. Prevent using my SMTP/Proxy Server as a mail relay server for other's spam

6. Exporting Exchange to Excel

7. Preventing Spammers from Relaying, But Allowing MY Web Server to Relay

8. Public Folder permissions

9. Ups - my server will not relay anymore...:(

10. Preventing my exchange server to be used as relay server

11. Setting up a mail relay (2nd Exchange Server)