I am sure this has already been asked

Post by jherrick » Thu, 15 May 2003 00:12:29

I am planning to upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 in the
near future.This server is running NT4.0.
1.can the os on the server be upgraded without disrupting
exchange 5.5 services?
2. What exactly is the process to migrate mailboxes and
public folder objects from 5.5 to 2000?
Thank you very much!!

I am sure this has already been asked

Post by Shai Netane » Thu, 15 May 2003 13:51:37

Hi
This Link will help you...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?
url=/technet/itsolutions/guide/default.asp

Regards
Shai Netanel

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am planning to upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 in the
>near future.This server is running NT4.0.
>1.can the os on the server be upgraded without disrupting
>exchange 5.5 services?
>2. What exactly is the process to migrate mailboxes and
>public folder objects from 5.5 to 2000?
>Thank you very much!!
>.

I am sure this has already been asked

Post by Chris Megginso » Sat, 17 May 2003 00:01:20

See below.

Quote:> I am planning to upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 in the
> near future.This server is running NT4.0.
> 1.can the os on the server be upgraded without disrupting
> exchange 5.5 services?

Yes. I've done it.
Rerune SP6a and E55Sp4, before upgrade.
Rerun E55SP4 afterwords.
Exch 5.5 work GREAT on W2K!

Quote:> 2. What exactly is the process to migrate mailboxes and
> public folder objects from 5.5 to 2000?
> Thank you very much!!

Either upgrade in place or join a new E2K server to an exisiting 5.5 site,
rehome pub fldrs and move mailboxes.
There is much stuff on MS website on this.

1. Am I asking for trouble?...

We are doing the slow migration over to Exchange Server from MS Mail.  All of
our users run MS Mail, and some are also connected to Exchange Server.  I
understand that if I install the MS Mail Connector, I should be able to remove
the Exchange Users from the MS Mail postoffice, and remove the MS Mail service
from their profiles.

What happens if I set up the connector, but don't immediately remove those
Exchange users from the MS Mail postoffice?

Thanks very much!
Kevin A. Remde
Software Craftsman
"NEVER use French in lieu of English"

2. moving Exchange 5.5 to new server, different drive

3. I am having emails bounce

4. E-MAIL BOUNCED AT EXCHANGE SERVER 5.0 RC1

5. I am having trouble connecting to my exchange server at home using TCP-Ip

6. exchange server admin.exe error after configuring over 20 ip-addresses

7. I am having trouble installing the internet mail service

8. Anyone familiar with the GALMod for Web application?

9. I am having the same problem.

10. I am having problems with Exchange Server 5.0 setup

11. Installing Exchange 5.5 on network already having exchange 5.5

12. Am I Dreaming?

13. I am getting the following error when trying to access sample exchange apps