Outlook wants to dial into MSN - help!

Post by JLGa » Wed, 24 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,  I'm running Exchange 5.0 on an NT 4.0 server, with Outlook and Win 95
on the desktops.  After adding MS Exchange to a user's mail profile,
Outlook tries to dial into MSN on startup.  I've gotten around this by
unchecking the "connect to internet as needed" box in Internet Explorer
properties, but it's a pain, because I'm always checking then unchecking
this setting.

Is there a better way? I hope I hope I hope?  Please reply by e-mail.

Thanks, John

Outlook wants to dial into MSN - help!

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Add the Exchange Server's address to the HOSTS file on the client.
--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

Quote:> Hi,  I'm running Exchange 5.0 on an NT 4.0 server, with Outlook and Win