Upgrading or moving from E5.5 to E2K

Post by Hiro » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:58:40

Hi,

Anybody know of any good books that may help us in
upgrading from our Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000/2003
server?

Thanks for any information.

Upgrading or moving from E5.5 to E2K

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:05:44

Hi Hiro

I would recommend looking at:
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/55.asp

With regard to books, there are quite a few really good ones available, the
one's I personally like are on this link:
http://www.exchangetrainer.com/links.htm

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> Hi,

> Anybody know of any good books that may help us in
> upgrading from our Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000/2003
> server?

> Thanks for any information.

Upgrading or moving from E5.5 to E2K

Post by Hiro » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 02:31:56

Thanks

> [...]

1. E5.5-->E2K, Direct In-place Upgrade or Swing Upgrade method

Hi all,
I would like to know what is the best method to upgrade NT4.0/E5.5 server to
Win2K/E2K?
This server is single E5.5 server and single NT 4.0 DC. This server machine
will be the same after upgrade procedure (no new server).
I have some software on the server which depends on Exchange.

Is it best:
1. In-place direct upgrade method of server?
2. Or Swing upgrade method where we will install new E2K server, move
mailboxes to this auxiliary new server (which is not enough powerful to be
permanent Exchange server in the network), format and reinstall original
server with Win2K, E2K and software which depends on Exchange, then move
mailboxes back to 'old' original server?

Thanks for your answers
Milan Ojstersek

2. My virtual memory is fragmented? Huh?

3. winnt4/e5.5 to win2k/e2k upgrade

4. In Need of Serious Help

5. how long to upgrade from E5.5 to E2K

6. firewall help needed with MN500