How to create new mailbox for new users from domain?

How to create new mailbox for new users from domain?

Post by mis » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 01:04:19

I have 2 w2k servers.  One is PDC and second one has exchange 5.5. sp3
installed.

Exchange server is a member server of PDC.  When I create any new users, it
does not create new mail box on the exchange.
When I right click on any users, I can see exchange enable and other
options.

How can I configure that when I create new user on the PDC server, it
automatically creates a new mail box?

Thanks.

How to create new mailbox for new users from domain?

Post by Brad Owen [MSFT » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:56:02

MIS,

PDC is an NT4 term, I believe you just mean that the Win2k DC.

You should be running the Active Directory Connector (ADC) in this case, so
that when you create a user on the DC it gives you the ability to create a
mailbox.  This will also give you the rich information in your Ex55
directory replicated to your Active Directory.

There are two versions of the ADC, one on the Win2k CD and the other with
Exchange 2000.  If you are ever going to go to Exchange 2000 I suggest you
use the E2K SP3 version, it's the most up-to-date version.

Unfortunately you have to download the entire service pack in order to get
just the ADC
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp3/english.asp

HTH

--
Brad Owen
Exchange Technical Support

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> I have 2 w2k servers.  One is PDC and second one has exchange 5.5. sp3