Extention SMTP

Post by Len » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hey there,

I have a NT server 4.0 English with SP5 and Exchange 5.5 with SP3. In
the Exchange Administrator, when I go to connections and double click on
the IMS item I get an error message saying:

Extention 'SMTP' could now be loaded.

The specified module could not be found.

Microsoft Windows NT
ID no: 0x002007e

(Abort, Retry, Ignore)

If I press Ignore, the IMS opens with a different interface than the
usual, and much less tabs, such as, I cannot see the IMS queues, and all
the configuration of the routings and stuff like that.

I have already tried to reinstall the Exchange ontop of the existing
one, reinstall the SP and erase and recreate the IMS, nothing helped.
Has anyone ever encountered this kind of problem, or has ANY idea
whatsoever as to how to resolve this??

Thanks in advance,

Len

Extention SMTP

Post by Ben Smith [MVP » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Ran into that one last weekend.  See
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q186/7/87.ASP

--
Ben Smith  MCT, MCSE, MVP

See the FAQs at http://www.ntquestion.com

Quote:> Hey there,

> I have a NT server 4.0 English with SP5 and Exchange 5.5 with SP3. In
> the Exchange Administrator, when I go to connections and double click on
> the IMS item I get an error message saying:

> Extention 'SMTP' could now be loaded.

> The specified module could not be found.

> Microsoft Windows NT
> ID no: 0x002007e

> (Abort, Retry, Ignore)

> If I press Ignore, the IMS opens with a different interface than the
> usual, and much less tabs, such as, I cannot see the IMS queues, and all
> the configuration of the routings and stuff like that.

> I have already tried to reinstall the Exchange ontop of the existing
> one, reinstall the SP and erase and recreate the IMS, nothing helped.
> Has anyone ever encountered this kind of problem, or has ANY idea
> whatsoever as to how to resolve this??

> Thanks in advance,

> Len

1. Extention SMTP not loaded: NT ID 0xc002007e

Exchange 5.5/ SP 1 installed

Running Exchnage admin; try going in to connections\ SMTP connector and
I get:

Extention 'SMTP could not be loaded.
The specified module could not be found.
Microsoft Windows NT
ID No. 0xc002007e

Checked Technet and it made reference to a file called Mfc42.dll might
be missing or corrupt in the Winnt\System32 Directory....

It said to copy and paste a fresh copy... did it and rebooted and still
happens...

Help....  I cannot configure my SMTP properties...

Chris Stark

703-558-0658

2. Exchange 5RC1 -> Exchange 5.0 Released....

3. unable to load smtp extention

4. Convert from 5.5 to 2K does not get users right.

5. When I Attach A file (doc, zip Extention), Receive as a Dat Extention, why is that ?

6. Exchange 2000 on WinNT 4.0 Server

7. Exchange 2000 Server Extention

8. Able to send but not receive

9. Extention dll's for IMC and MSMail connectors

10. Exchange 2000 Update: Outlook Web Access Extention pack

11. File extention probs with OWA.

12. Wrong Extention Naming

13. Wrong Extention naming.