IMS on Second Server

Post by tjm » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 05:52:24

Need some advice on how best to setup a second Exchange 5.5 Server. Our
current configuration is a single server with IMS running and sending mail
through a firewall (WatchGuard). We use a private subnet on our side of the
firewall. This server has 2 IP addresses one for the private network and
anther for the external network. We have a hole opened up on our firewall to
this server.

We want to place a second Exchange server with IMS and OWA on the optional
port of our firewall. I think this server will have to be part of our
domain, but would like it not to be. I also think that the server will also
have to be part of our exchange site. Am I correct in this thinking? If not
what are my options? What about 2 NIC's, one for the trusted side of the
network and another for the optional side?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tim

IMS on Second Server

Post by Kevin Mille » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 05:03:10

See the FAQ appendix G
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxg.htm

--
~Kevinm WLKMMAS

> Need some advice on how best to setup a second Exchange 5.5 Server. Our
> current configuration is a single server with IMS running and sending mail
> through a firewall (WatchGuard). We use a private subnet on our side of
the
> firewall. This server has 2 IP addresses one for the private network and
> anther for the external network. We have a hole opened up on our firewall
> this server.

> We want to place a second Exchange server with IMS and OWA on the optional
> port of our firewall. I think this server will have to be part of our
> domain, but would like it not to be. I also think that the server will
also
> have to be part of our exchange site. Am I correct in this thinking? If
not
> what are my options? What about 2 NIC's, one for the trusted side of the
> network and another for the optional side?

> Thanks in advance for your help.

> Tim

1. IMS on Second Server

[...]

2. Server side Address Book?

3. second exchange server and IMS

4. HELP with executing servers applications

5. Second Exchange Server 2000 on a second DC in a Domain

6. Impersonation

7. installing second exch2k server on a second domain of forest fails

8. Different Service Account Name

9. Second IMS

10. ims and second site

11. Second IMS not sending

12. Problems setting up second internet domain with IMS

13. do not autogenerate second domain addresses, but still accept messages for second domain