Mailbox Store Corrupt?!?!?

Post by Rober » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 00:50:50

When I run a backup on Win2K SP2 with E2K SP2 and using Veritas 8.5(3572)I
get the error:

 "Access to database denied"  Mailbox Store (myserver) is a corrupt file".

 But I check the numbers and the log and it appears the information is being
backed up.  I can access everything just fine and I can back up all the
individual mailboxes just fine with no errors.  I even inventory on another
box and can verify that all the mailboxes and emails are there.

My question is, is there a utility that I can use to repair my store?  Is
this truly a corrupt store, or is the access issue thinking it is because it
can not verify?  My next step is to just move all my mailboxes to another
exchange server and rebuild this one, any ideas on this also would be
appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Mailbox Store Corrupt?!?!?

Post by Kevin Mille » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 02:24:49

You have event log entrees for the online Defrag and IS maintance, what do
they say about the store. I memory serves me right, this was a known issue
with BE? search TechNet and see what you can find.
Http://support.microsoft.com

--
~Kevinm WLKMMAS

Quote:> When I run a backup on Win2K SP2 with E2K SP2 and using Veritas 8.5(3572)I
> get the error:

>  "Access to database denied"  Mailbox Store (myserver) is a corrupt file".

>  But I check the numbers and the log and it appears the information is
being
> backed up.  I can access everything just fine and I can back up all the
> individual mailboxes just fine with no errors.  I even inventory on
another
> box and can verify that all the mailboxes and emails are there.

> My question is, is there a utility that I can use to repair my store?  Is
> this truly a corrupt store, or is the access issue thinking it is because
it
> can not verify?  My next step is to just move all my mailboxes to another
> exchange server and rebuild this one, any ideas on this also would be
> appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

1. Corrupt Mailbox Store

We have a mailbox store that became corrupt a few days ago.  I was
able to salvage it using eseutil.  This is a new exchange server that
will go into production in a week or so, so we didn't yet have any
backups of the Information store.

I want to make sure that we are starting with a good mail store, so I
wish to delete the store and start with a clean one.

My question is, what is the best way to delete and then recreate the
mailbox store?  Would it be best to just create a new store and then
move the mailboxes using ADUC, then delete the existing store?

Should I use EXMerge to extract the existing mailboxes and then delete
the existing store somehow?   Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Peterson
Steve Peterson
Weaver and Tidwell, L.L.P.

2. Mail icon

3. Default Mailbox store policy vs Individual Mailbox Store Policy

4. Concurrency of Exchange 2000 and InterBase 6.0 on Windows 2000 Server

5. Mailbox not in Mailbox store/mailboxes

6. Accessing Multiple Mailboxes

7. IS Store Corrupt, so rebuilding!

8. Cannot install acrserv

9. store corrupted !

10. Steps to restoring a corrupt Information store from an online backup

11. How to corrupt an on-line store

12. Info. store always corrupt