Outgoing Mail Frozen in QUEUE

Post by Mark Griffith » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 17:22:22

Hi all,
Anyone throw any light on this scenario:-

I have a customer that has just upgraded their server to an SBS2000 Server
with Exchange 2000.
However, they have not yet upgraded their link to the outside world and
still use an ISDN Dial-on-Demand link.

This seems to be causing major problems with Outgoing E-Mail, as it appears
that if the connection is not up when a user sends an external e-mail, the
mail item gets put in a queue and is frozen. The only way to send the items
is to force an internet connection from the Server (open up an IE session),
unfreeze the queues  and then retry. Which appears to work fine, but is a
major bind to the customer who rarely get time to pop to the server and
check the queues.

Anyone know what might be wrong and how to cure it - they have only just
requested an ADSL link and will probably have to wait 3/4 weeks for it.

Any advice welcome

TIA
Mark G.

1. Outgoing mail freezes or wont leave exchange server queue

I am currently supporting an office where the e-mail sits
in the queue in the exchange server and every couple of
hours we have to unfreeze the queue for the mail to
leave. Some mail wont leave at all or if it does it
doesn't reach the recipient.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

2. e-forms design

3. sending Mail freezes in exchage queue

4. URGENT HELP NEEDED !!!

5. Outgoing Mail stuck in MS Mail connector Queue

6. OWA EXCH2000

7. Outgoing SMTP mail get queued up

8. OWA and Windows 2000

9. Outgoing mail stuck in smtp Queue

10. outgoing mail queue stuck

11. outgoing mail sits in queue exchange 5.5 and server2000

12. Outgoing Mail in Queue

13. Outgoing mail stuck in queue