"Port is open." Error Message from Internet Mail

"Port is open." Error Message from Internet Mail

Post by Barry D. Flag » Fri, 10 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Why is it that I am getting the error message "Port is already open." every
time I first open Windows Messaging and it attempts to log onto Internet
Mail.  When I subsequently attempt to manually check mail, and or when
Window Messaging automatically attempts to check mail after this first
time, the error does NOT occur.

Not a big problem, but a nuisance.  Any help would therefore be
appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Barry D. Flagg
FlaggShip Financial

"Port is open." Error Message from Internet Mail

Post by Sven Bridstru » Mon, 13 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Why is it that I am getting the error message "Port is already open."
every
> time I first open Windows Messaging and it attempts to log onto Internet
> Mail.  When I subsequently attempt to manually check mail, and or when
> Window Messaging automatically attempts to check mail after this first
> time, the error does NOT occur.

I has this very problem until I removed Exchange Fax from the list of
active Exchange apps.  It hasn't done it since.

Sven

"Port is open." Error Message from Internet Mail

Post by adarsh chak » Sat, 18 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I get the following message on opening exchange.

<Report error message to Algorhythms>
ALGOPCX::Error Accessing Com Port.

I also used to get the message "Port is already open".
Since uninstalling Exchange Fax, I do not get these messages.

Thanks
Ac

> Do you have some communications apps running in the background like fax
or
> voicemail? This could cause this message to display.

> > > Why is it that I am getting the error message "Port is already open."
> > every
> > > time I first open Windows Messaging and it attempts to log onto
> Internet
> > > Mail.  When I subsequently attempt to manually check mail, and or
when
> > > Window Messaging automatically attempts to check mail after this
first
> > > time, the error does NOT occur.

> > I has this very problem until I removed Exchange Fax from the list of
> > active Exchange apps.  It hasn't done it since.

> > Sven

"Port is open." Error Message from Internet Mail

Post by David Forbe » Mon, 20 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Sven,
Try checking the properties of your Inbox, under the "Delivery" tab. Look
to see which service is starting first. If you change the order of the
services ( the up and down arrows on the right) the problem may go away.
David

1. "Port already open" error

Here is a challenge:

Operating system: 95
Setup.................: Standalone computer, no network.
Exchange ver......: 4.0
Other telecommunication programs install: MS Fax, Starfish Internet Meter
(installs during setup routine - that does not seem to be the problem since
I removed it and it still caused an error)

This error only seems to occur once when I first start Windows and then try
using Windows Messaging and I am not already connected to my dial-in
server.  I have Windows Messaging setup to automatically look for e-mail
messages.  So when it is launch it calls Dial-In Networking for a
connection.  Then just as the modem is about to finish the initial
connection I get the error.  It is a repeatable error when the above
conditions are met.

Works fine when I select "Deliver Now Using" command, even if right after
after Windows 95 starts.

It does not happen....
   when I am already connected to my server.
   if I was previous connected to my server during the session.

I am comfortable with looking in the Registry but I do not have a clue how,
where, or Windows Messaging is using as a port number.

Like I said it is a challenge...more of a nuisance than anything else but I
would like to solve it though.

TIA

Peace, Phoenix

2. Email parsing

3. "Port already open" message

4. IMS wizard not finding Address Book entries

5. "Port already open"

6. LoadSim - values for measure

7. Please Help""""""""""""""

8. 2 mail servers on one PC

9. "Port is open." Error Message from Internet Mail

10. Telnet port 25 "Get Lost" message