Can i change the format of the user alias in active directory?

Can i change the format of the user alias in active directory?

Post by BJ » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 04:02:01

Our users log in lastname, first initial.  The mail addresses are first
initial, lastname.  Anyway to change this in WIn2K/Exch2K?

BJ

Can i change the format of the user alias in active directory?

Post by Mark Fugat » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 05:28:27

So what do you want to change the alias or the email address?

If it is the alias, you could export it to an LDIF file and modify it and
then reimport it, or you could script the change.

If its the email address and you want it to match their alias just modify
your recipient policy.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Our users log in lastname, first initial.  The mail addresses are first
> initial, lastname.  Anyway to change this in WIn2K/Exch2K?

> BJ

Can i change the format of the user alias in active directory?

Post by BJ » Sun, 28 Jul 2002 09:07:03

recipient policy?  Not sure where to find that. Currently the user alias for
email comes up as "last name, first initial".  We want it to be "first
initial, last name". Help!

BJ