Setting up HTTP service.

Post by Jack Thorp » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how to setup exchange for HTTP
service?  I has IIS 3 and the HTTP service enabled through Exchange
Administrator.  It is still not working.  Do I have to do something with
Active Server Pages?  If so, how do I do that?  Thanks in advance.

Jack Thorpe

Setting up HTTP service.

Post by Jack Thorp » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

                I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how to setup
exchange for HTTP service?  I has IIS 3 and the HTTP service enabled
through Exchange Administrator.  It is still not working.  Do I have to
do something with Active Server Pages?  If so, how do I do that?  Thanks
in advance.

                Jack Thorpe

Setting up HTTP service.

Post by Amiri Jone » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>            I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how to setup
> exchange for HTTP service?  I has IIS 3 and the HTTP service enabled
> through Exchange Administrator.  It is still not working.  Do I have to
> do something with Active Server Pages?  If so, how do I do that?  Thanks
> in advance.

        If you have ASP installed properly, then no additional configuration is
needed.  During installation, Exchange will add a virtual directory
/EXCHANGE to your server.  Make sure that you have enabled HTTP support
from within Admin; go to the Protocols object and double-click on HTTP
Settings on the right side of the screen.  On the General tab (I think)
there's a checkbox that enables HTTP support.  Make sure all the users'
mailboxes are enabled as well; look in each mailboxes' properties.

1. Generic email set-ups possible?

We're using exchange 5.5 w/ Outlook 97 for our email system.

Using default setups:   when I set up 1 account on a PC, that person
can't get their email on any other PC  AND  no one else can use that PC
to get their email..

I'd like to have ALL outlook info be stored on the exchange server (or
at least not on the local PC) so someone can log-on any PC and get at
their old and new email and other Outlook info.

and conversly...   I'd like to be able to set up the PC so ANYONE on the
change server can log in and get their email.

can anyone provide help on what I need to do/set to make this happen?

David Tinklepaugh
Network Admin.
The Health Association

2. Public Folder Views

3. Mail delivery - disappearing mail

4. Exchange 5.5 and POPBeamer / POP3

5. Messenger Service Pop-ups

6. MSExchangeMSMI Error

7. Setting up HTTP on Exch 5.0

8. OWA logon problem - After SP3 HTTP-server not available using danish locale settings

9. FE-BE Http virtual Server Setting?

10. HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable

11. Desperate! HTTP/1.1 503 Service unavailable