Help! Migration big problem!!!

Post by Eddy Leun » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:14:40

Hi all,

I using exchange 5.5 in NT4, when sync email account
between new server(Win 2000 & exchange 2000), there have
many mailbox within account disappear(both server)!!!
There is no prompt or alert something to remind there is
a risk... In the NT4 log just have a Event ID:290

- A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer
and diagnostic code unrecognised-OR-name)... ...

Everyone knows solution or recover, help!!!
Thanks!!!

Eddy.

Help! Migration big problem!!!

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:27:40

Have you got the Active Directory Connector configured?

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> Hi all,

> I using exchange 5.5 in NT4, when sync email account
> between new server(Win 2000 & exchange 2000), there have
> many mailbox within account disappear(both server)!!!
> There is no prompt or alert something to remind there is
> a risk... In the NT4 log just have a Event ID:290

> - A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer
> and diagnostic code unrecognised-OR-name)... ...

> Everyone knows solution or recover, help!!!
> Thanks!!!

> Eddy.

Help! Migration big problem!!!

Post by Eddy Leun » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:03:39

... Yes... by the way, when I sync the accounts, they has
been deleted... I have search information for recovery, I
tried some recovery program for solve the "edb" file. And
I see that file may content email account information.
However it remain the same(without deleted items...) The
main point is the NT4 exchange5.5 system is still
running, the edb file is using, too. So that it is
overwrite and overwrite again... So, what can I do?

1. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

2 days ago I had a Hard Drive crash on my exchange server <<<< no big deal
it was Raid 5
but after some inspection I found that the RAID backplane was screwed so a
discussion was made to create a new server and put Exchange on it.
No big Deal, configured the server renamed the old on server which was SPOCK
to SPOCK1 named the new server SPOCK now SPOCK1 is/was a BDC the new Spock
is not E-mail is up and running fine but I have noticed some residual
problems. Anywhere I had given a local group access to a mailbox they can no
longer see it. It tells them that no do not have permission to view the
mailbox. Any Ideas? please this has me stumped
If I need to make this a BDC is there any way to make a normal server a BDC
with having to completely reinstall?

Please help

2. Exchange, envelope address

3. Big big troubles, thanks for your help

4. INKJET PRICE LIST!

5. Need you help-about the bigger and bigger exchange

6. Restored backup doesn't work

7. help internet mail service mailbox getting bigger and bigger

8. same Problme

9. Big Big problem moving Exchange into new domain!

10. !! PLEASE HELP! Big Problem with Active Directory

11. BIG PROBLEM, HELP ME PLEASE !!!!

12. Problems with IMAP uploading big files to Exchange 2000 Server - HELP

13. Calendar permissions, big problem, help please!!!