5.5 to 2000 in-place upgrade

Post by Jim Busto » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 09:46:28

I presently have Exchange 5.5 enterprise running on a
Windows 2000 server.  Can I do an in-place upgrade of
Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000?

5.5 to 2000 in-place upgrade

Post by <thom_.. » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:29:23

Yes as long as it is "enterprise E2K" as well. Just make
sure and make backups of the databases(directory and
information store) before you begin so you can "roll
back" if something goes wrong. TIP: if the in-place
upgrade fails your only option is to roll back and try
again or another method(like exmerge or move mailbox).
Quote:>-----Original Message-----