Backoffice Exchange and License Mode

Post by Sonja Baldwi » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have Exchange Server installed using Backoffice.  We are currently in
Per Server License mode, but I cannot seem to get more than 13?? clients
on exchange now.  It wont even allow the 14th added person to log in
even if no one is using it.  I have read that Backoffice requires per
seat licensing, but am a little fearful of changing it since I really
don't know for sure.  Can anyone give me more info?  If so how many per
seat licenses would I need?  NT and Exchange are installed on the same
machine.  File and Print sharing are fine, but Exchange is not.

Appreciate the help,

Sonja

Backoffice Exchange and License Mode

Post by t. davi » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

disable the license logging service.  It doesn't work with a *with
Exchange.

Quote:> I have Exchange Server installed using Backoffice.  We are currently in
> Per Server License mode, but I cannot seem to get more than 13?? clients
> on exchange now.  It wont even allow the 14th added person to log in
> even if no one is using it.  I have read that Backoffice requires per
> seat licensing, but am a little fearful of changing it since I really
> don't know for sure.  Can anyone give me more info?  If so how many per
> seat licenses would I need?  NT and Exchange are installed on the same
> machine.  File and Print sharing are fine, but Exchange is not.

> Appreciate the help,

> Sonja

Backoffice Exchange and License Mode

Post by Sonja Baldwi » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Tried, did not work..I have had to do that with just NT before and it worked
but does not seem to work with Exchange, maybe it is because it was part of a
Backoffice install suite??
Dont know
Thanks though

> disable the license logging service.  It doesn't work with a *with
> Exchange.

> > I have Exchange Server installed using Backoffice.  We are currently in
> > Per Server License mode, but I cannot seem to get more than 13?? clients
> > on exchange now.  It wont even allow the 14th added person to log in
> > even if no one is using it.  I have read that Backoffice requires per
> > seat licensing, but am a little fearful of changing it since I really
> > don't know for sure.  Can anyone give me more info?  If so how many per
> > seat licenses would I need?  NT and Exchange are installed on the same
> > machine.  File and Print sharing are fine, but Exchange is not.

> > Appreciate the help,

> > Sonja

1. Backoffice Exchange License Mode

I have Exchange Server installed using Backoffice.  We are currently in
Per Server License mode, but I cannot seem to get more than 13?? clients

on exchange now.  It wont even allow the 14th added person to log in
even if no one is using it.  I have read that Backoffice requires per
seat licensing, but am a little fearful of changing it since I really
don't know for sure.  Can anyone give me more info?  If so how many per
seat licenses would I need?  NT and Exchange are installed on the same
machine.  File and Print sharing are fine, but Exchange is not.

Appreciate the help,

Sonja

2. Inbox Assistant gone?!

3. Outlook 97 licensing Exchange Server 5.0 in per server licensing mode

4. Online Defrag

5. Help! Backoffice is stealing my Exchange Licenses

6. emergency! help!

7. Licensing Exchange and Backoffice Small Business Server

8. Event ID:2075

9. BackOffice licensing

10. License Mode

11. How can I change the license mode?

12. Determining the License Mode !...

13. When does mixed mode mode start under Exchange 2000