Setup exchange on local network cant send mail to remote people

Setup exchange on local network cant send mail to remote people

Post by Spence » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:43:29

We just installed exchange and i keep getting
undeliverables trying to send out to yahoo accounts or
anything outside our domain,, what kind of connector do i
have to setup in exchange to relay off our external mail
server?

thanks

Setup exchange on local network cant send mail to remote people

Post by Andre » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:59:46

You need to add the Internet Mail Service to the
connectors and set to use DNS. Make sure your DNS server
has the correct external mail server registered.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We just installed exchange and i keep getting
>undeliverables trying to send out to yahoo accounts or
>anything outside our domain,, what kind of connector do i
>have to setup in exchange to relay off our external mail
>server?

>thanks
>.

1. Cant send mail to people @this.com?

Here's a strange one.  I can send mail in and out of my Internet mail
connector just fine accept to recipients at a domain called "this.com"

the IMC?  I get like this message almost instantly:

      Sent: 9/18/98 2:47 PM

            Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

Any ideas?  I'm running ES 5.5 (no sp1...yet), Outlook '98 as client.

2. Exchange Database Files

3. local mail sent to remote delivery queue

4. EXCH5.0 / IMS problem

5. Sending e-mail to a remote address and keep a local copy

6. Exchange 5.5 SP4 Non-Cluster Install

7. Exchange - user log in via Outlook 2000 fails for Internet Mail in local NT network

8. Uninstalling Exchange Admin install?

9. Exchange to handle internet mail for local network

10. Exchange setup - Cant send email's

11. exchange cant put any new people on!

12. Exchange 2000 trying to remote delivery of local mail

13. Remote Mail to MS Mail Postoffice on Novell Network