maintaing MS Mail groups with exchange migration

maintaing MS Mail groups with exchange migration

Post by Terry Singleto » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

We are in the middle of a migration from MS MAIL to exchange and in the
process we still need to maintain address books. I have setup dir  synch so
the GAL is being updated just fine.

My problems occurs when a MS MAIL users needs to send email to a
group and someone in that group has been migrated to EXCHANGE .That user can
not exist in a MS MAil group since MS MAIL admin does not know about
exchange users.

I have recreated all groups from within exchange in hopes that all the new
exchange groups(which can have MS MAIL imported users and exchange users)
would be exported to the GAL on the nightly updated, but this did not
happen.

Does anyone have any idea's how this can be handled?

please reply in email.

maintaing MS Mail groups with exchange migration

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 02 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Have you thought about using Exchange DLs in place of those groups...

1. maintaing MS Mail groups with exchange migration

We are in the middle of a migration from MS MAIL to exchange and in the
process we still need to maintain address books. I have setup dir  synch so
the GAL is being updated just fine.

My problems occurs when a MS MAIL users needs to send email to a
group and someone in that group has been migrated to EXCHANGE .That user can
not exist in a MS MAil group since MS MAIL admin does not know about
exchange users.

I have recreated all groups from within exchange in hopes that all the new
exchange groups(which can have MS MAIL imported users and exchange users)
would be exported to the GAL on the nightly updated, but this did not
happen.

Does anyone have any idea's how this can be handled?

please reply in email.

2. Microsoft Fax Printing Problems

3. Migration of MS Mail groups to Exchange server

4. Missing AWVIEW32.DLL file

5. MS-Mail to Exchange 5.5 Migration - Calander Migration

6. Help!! Exchange Server Name could not be resolved

7. MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

8. Central Address book in Exchange 2000 Server

9. Macintosh client migration (MS Mail PAL->MS Exchange PAB)

10. MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

11. MS Mail to MS Ex Migration