Server 5.0 IMS SMTP problems and unexpected shutdown

Server 5.0 IMS SMTP problems and unexpected shutdown

Post by Manish Bhati » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Recently I upgraded our Exchange server to 5.0. Ever since that we have
been facing problems sending and recving SMTP mail. I am only using the IMS
connector to send and recieve mail to all SMTP addresses.

Two of the the most common problems we face are:

1. LTAB error Locality table error in the event viewer. Event ID 9260 Event
ID 9323. This is a message from the MTA.

To correct this, I reinstalled IMS and ran optimizer. This seemed to have
partially fixed the problem in that we can intermittenly send and recieve
messages, but now the IMS automatically shuts down after a short while.

2. The shut down seems to be happening due to bad messages, producing Event
ID 4116. The messages we were sending were just test messages.

Could anyone please help with this? Would extremely appreciate it!

TIA,

Manish

1. Server 5.0 IMS SMTP problems and unexpected shutdown

Recently I upgraded our Exchange server to 5.0. Ever since that we have
been facing problems sending and recving SMTP mail. I am only using the IMS
connector to send and recieve mail to all SMTP addresses.

Two of the the most common problems we face are:

1. LTAB error Locality table error in the event viewer. Event ID 9260 Event
ID 9323. This is a message from the MTA.

To correct this, I reinstalled IMS and ran optimizer. This seemed to have
partially fixed the problem in that we can intermittenly send and recieve
messages, but now the IMS automatically shuts down after a short while.

2. The shut down seems to be happening due to bad messages, producing Event
ID 4116. The messages we were sending were just test messages.

Could anyone please help with this? Would extremely appreciate it!

TIA,

Manish

2. IMS Keeps on crashing

3. 4.0 to 5.0 upgrade

4. E2K Problem after unexpected shutdown - Registry Access is denied

5. INVALID PAGE FAULT

6. HELP Unexpected server shutdown

7. exch 5.5 to 2k migration move mailbox

8. Exchange 5.0 - IMS - SMTP/Internet Address proxy address problems

9. Mapisp32 unexpected shutdown

10. MAPI Spooler Unexpected Shutdown

11. System Attendant - Unexpected Shutdown???