rebuilding exchange on better server

Post by Franci » Thu, 17 May 2001 03:31:27

I am interested in rebuilding an old exchange server to a newer one that is more
powerful and has more disk space. My question is, can I follow the MS Exchange
disaster recovery doc and successfully restore exchange to a new, different
server that has different volume sizes for c: and d:? How does this affect all
the other exchange servers in the enterprise since they will be seeing a "new"
exchange server? Is there a doc in the knowledgebase that has the instructions
for what I am doing? Offline backup or Online backup to restore?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Francis

rebuilding exchange on better server

Post by Tony Wood » Fri, 18 May 2001 00:30:54

Check out the move server method from the FAQ in my sig.

--
Tony Woods MCSE, CNA
Microserve.ca

I am interested in rebuilding an old exchange server to a newer one that is
more
powerful and has more disk space. My question is, can I follow the MS
Exchange
disaster recovery doc and successfully restore exchange to a new, different
server that has different volume sizes for c: and d:? How does this affect
all
the other exchange servers in the enterprise since they will be seeing a
"new"
exchange server? Is there a doc in the knowledgebase that has the
instructions
for what I am doing? Offline backup or Online backup to restore?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Francis

1. How to rebuild Ex Server 5.5 from a failed NT 4.0 server

One of my client's NT4.0 Server crashed after a virus
attacked. I used a new Hardrive with updated virus scan
while slaving the infected drive to clean the virus. but i
still can boot-up the old drive memory dump at boot up. So
i need to  rebuild the exchange 5.5 what files do i need
to retrieve and how do i rebiuld from the old server

2. Permissions for Electronic Forms

3. Exchange server rebuilding

4. Accessing Via WEB interface

5. Rebuilding Single Exchange Server

6. Workflow Applicaton Problem

7. Rebuilding Exchange 2000 Server

8. custom adresbook import

9. Rebuilding Exchange Server

10. MSDN exchange server, please help, must rebuild?

11. Corrupt exchange server please help must rebuild

12. Importing into rebuilt Exchange 5.5 server

13. Rebuilding Exchange Server