Upgrading Exchange 5.5 to 2000 and a different machine

Upgrading Exchange 5.5 to 2000 and a different machine

Post by Dan J.S » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:41:33

If there is a FAQ, please direct me. I would like to know how to upgrade my
Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 and also move to a new machine. My concerns
are for the public, private stores as well as all the custom settings (ie,
rules) that users have in Exchange 5.5. Where are those settings stored? and
what is the best way to move to a new machine. Thank you VERY much!

Dan

1. Exchange 2000 backup and install in a new machine with different machine name

Hi,
I have a question.
I have taken the backup of Storage groups from one
Exchange 2000 machine. This machine name is: test1

I would like to install Exchange 2000 on another machine
(lets say: test2). Can I restore the storage groups which
I took from test1 machine.

If so, how???

I will appriciate your help.

thanks,
Ram

2. I need to get information from exchange database structure.

3. Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.5 on different machine

4. Searching for address by name

5. Group Calander

6. Exchange 2000 Dev machine in same domain as Exchange 5.5 Production Machine

7. System Generated emails lock outlook client

8. Upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 on a different server

9. Exchange 2000, Upgrade 5.5, different servers