Errors after Exchange2k installation

Post by Kyle Overholse » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 04:57:04

I installed Exchange 2000 sp2, and initially it worked
fine.  After a day or two it stopped receiving mail from
outside the domain.  I have a few errors in the
application log.  First, MSExchangeDSAccess, Event ID 2102

Process MAD.EXE (PID=3484). All Domain Controller Servers
in use are not responding

Second, MSExchangeDSAccess, Event ID 2104

Process STORE.EXE (PID=3668). All the DS Servers in domain
are not responding.

Third, MSExchangeAL, Event ID 8250,

The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code
[0x862] The specified component could not be found in the
configuration information.  The service could not be
initialized.  Make sure that the operating system was
installed properly.

I followed the instructions on this link for the initial
install, just in case it helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=kb;en-
us;q262068

Any help is appreciated.

         Kyle Overholser

Errors after Exchange2k installation

Post by Dan Tulovsk » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 09:12:42

you should make sure that your exchange server can connect to a global
catalog server... that is what those errors indicate is wrong...

Quote:> I installed Exchange 2000 sp2, and initially it worked
> fine.  After a day or two it stopped receiving mail from
> outside the domain.  I have a few errors in the
> application log.  First, MSExchangeDSAccess, Event ID 2102

> Process MAD.EXE (PID=3484). All Domain Controller Servers
> in use are not responding

> Second, MSExchangeDSAccess, Event ID 2104

> Process STORE.EXE (PID=3668). All the DS Servers in domain
> are not responding.

> Third, MSExchangeAL, Event ID 8250,

> The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code
> [0x862] The specified component could not be found in the
> configuration information.  The service could not be
> initialized.  Make sure that the operating system was
> installed properly.

> I followed the instructions on this link for the initial
> install, just in case it helps:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=kb;en-
> us;q262068

> Any help is appreciated.

>          Kyle Overholser

1. Exchange2K Installation Failure

Hi,

Can you help me diagnose the cause for this installation failure? After
reporting the failure in a dialog box, the installation continued to the
next step after I clicked Cancel. Here's what I get from Exchange System
Manager (diagnostics below):

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Joe Geretz -

Diagnostic messages:
Setup failed while Creating Active Directory objects for Administrative
Group (error 0xC1034A2A: Failed to contact Windows Domain Controller.) .

Additional information:
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Facility: Win32
ID no: c0070424
Microsoft Exchange Setup

The server is not operational.

Facility: Win32
ID no: 8007203a
Microsoft Exchange Setup

mode = 'Install' (61953)

The directory service is unavailable.

Facility: Win32
ID no: 8007200f
Microsoft Exchange Setup

Failed to contact Windows Domain Controller.

ID no: c1034a2a
Microsoft Exchange Setup

mode = 'Install' (61953)

Setup encountered an error during Microsoft Exchange Messaging and
Collaboration Services of Install component task.

Function:
CService::ScGetDependendentServices
CAtomAdminGroup::ScAdminGroupExists
CAtomAdminGroup::ScAddDSObjects
CBaseAtom::ScSetup
DSCallHelper::FRetry
CAtomAdminGroup::ScAdminGroupExists
CAtomAdminGroup::ScAddDSObjects
CBaseAtom::ScSetup
CBaseComponent::ScSetup
CBaseComponent::ScSetup
CCompServer::ScSetup
CComExchSetupComponent::Install

2. Create Search Folders from Server

3. Creating shortcut to a shared folder

4. Is it normal in DCs after exchange2k installation?

5. Exchange Server 5 and Y2K

6. Exchange2K installation and active directory connector

7. Total Cluster Muck => IE40SP2 IIS3.0 ES55sp5 OptionPack 4.0

8. Exchange2K Installation Failure

9. Is it normal in DCs after exchange2k installation?

10. New Exchange2k Installation --- HELP!!!

11. SRS Installation Errors during Exchange 2000 Installation

12. Migrating(moving) Exchange2k to Exchange2k