sending mail to people ouside my domain

Post by lein to » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,
I'd like to be able to send mail thru a webpage.
when I try doing this using exchange 4 "smtp" (port 25
on my mail server) in an isapi dll, all messages to
users ouside my domain bounce.
It seems necessary to connect to the mail server using mapi32
with a valid profile name, so I defined a maibox for
IUSR, logged on as IUSR, created a profile and voila, my
mail dll worked - until I logged off.
What's happening is that the profile for IUSR is deleted
as soon as I log off, and therefore I want to know if
it's possible to somehow save it - or, of course if there's
another way to get the mail sending done.

bye!
lein

sending mail to people ouside my domain

Post by Wesley Pea » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

--
*** [ This post applies to EX4 and EX5 ] ***

Exchange Server 4.0 does *not* support SMTP rerouting, the ability to route a
mail message outside of the Exchange Organization.  Exchange Server 5.0 does,
so what you are trying to do will *not* work with 4.0, but will with 5.0
--------------------

Microsoft MVP - BackOffice
Experience teaches you to recognize a mistake
when you've made it again        -Anonymous

1. SMTP Cannot send ouside my domain

I am usig an asp page that emails my cell phone. I have exchange 5.5
sp 4, my problem is that it will not mail outside of my domain. I know
my exchange will, but not smtp, If I telnet into the smtp, and try to
send it comes back and gives the message :
            The recipient name is not recognized
            MSEXCH:IMS:AMC:AMC:EXCHANGE 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

I think the problem is in the Internet Mail Connector???  Any help
would be appriciated!!

2. Different SMTP outbound paths

3. Restricting ouside e-mail

4. store.exe running at 100% cpu usage

5. people cannot send mail to public folder : ASAP please

6. Organization: does it ma tter?

7. how to send a mail to all people in one organization

8. Relay !!

9. Why can't I send mail (SMTP) to people not listed in my Exchange users

10. Cant send mail to people @this.com?

11. Sending mail to non-Exchange Server people

12. allow outside people send mail though my exchange 2k server