Upgrading E2k3 from RC1 to RTM

Post by Andrew Putna » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 14:22:43

Anyone have any experience with this yet?  I have the Enterprise E2k3 RC1
and the Enterprise E2k3 RTM from MSDN.  The only thing I've seen is that you
can do an inline upgrade, but I can't seem to find any specifics on this.

TIA.. Andrew

Upgrading E2k3 from RC1 to RTM

Post by Michael Tissingto » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:35:07

I did a 'Re Install' and everything worked like a charm - including it now
shutdown quickly :)

--
Michael Tissington
Oaklodge Technologies

Quote:> Anyone have any experience with this yet?  I have the Enterprise E2k3 RC1
> and the Enterprise E2k3 RTM from MSDN.  The only thing I've seen is that
you
> can do an inline upgrade, but I can't seem to find any specifics on this.

> TIA.. Andrew

Upgrading E2k3 from RC1 to RTM

Post by Andrew Putna » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 06:03:56

Were you able to keep your existing mailboxes or did you re-install fresh?

Thanks.

> I did a 'Re Install' and everything worked like a charm - including it now
> shutdown quickly :)

> --
> Michael Tissington
> Oaklodge Technologies
> http://www.oaklodge.com/technology

> > Anyone have any experience with this yet?  I have the Enterprise E2k3
RC1
> > and the Enterprise E2k3 RTM from MSDN.  The only thing I've seen is that
> you
> > can do an inline upgrade, but I can't seem to find any specifics on
this.

> > TIA.. Andrew

Upgrading E2k3 from RC1 to RTM

Post by Kara » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 05:59:05

My shutdown problem is still not fixed! :-(

> I did a 'Re Install' and everything worked like a charm - including it now
> shutdown quickly :)

> --
> Michael Tissington
> Oaklodge Technologies
> http://www.oaklodge.com/technology

> > Anyone have any experience with this yet?  I have the Enterprise E2k3
RC1
> > and the Enterprise E2k3 RTM from MSDN.  The only thing I've seen is that
> you
> > can do an inline upgrade, but I can't seem to find any specifics on
this.

> > TIA.. Andrew

Upgrading E2k3 from RC1 to RTM

Post by Michael Tissingto » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:07:40

Everything was kept :)
Just reinstalled (option) on top of the existing RC1

--
Michael Tissington
Oaklodge Technologies
http://www.oaklodge.com/technology

> Were you able to keep your existing mailboxes or did you re-install fresh?

> Thanks.

> > I did a 'Re Install' and everything worked like a charm - including it
now
> > shutdown quickly :)

> > --
> > Michael Tissington
> > Oaklodge Technologies
> > http://www.oaklodge.com/technology

> > > Anyone have any experience with this yet?  I have the Enterprise E2k3
> RC1
> > > and the Enterprise E2k3 RTM from MSDN.  The only thing I've seen is
that
> > you
> > > can do an inline upgrade, but I can't seem to find any specifics on
> this.

> > > TIA.. Andrew

Upgrading E2k3 from RC1 to RTM

Post by Kara » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:20:03

I kept my mailboxes.  You just ran setup and choose the Re-Install option.
If you look at the thread "RTM hangs on 2003 server ..." from July 2 1:53PM
you will see detailed steps of what I did.

HTH,
Karan Mavai

> Were you able to keep your existing mailboxes or did you re-install fresh?

> Thanks.

> > I did a 'Re Install' and everything worked like a charm - including it
now
> > shutdown quickly :)

> > --
> > Michael Tissington
> > Oaklodge Technologies
> > http://www.oaklodge.com/technology

> > > Anyone have any experience with this yet?  I have the Enterprise E2k3
> RC1
> > > and the Enterprise E2k3 RTM from MSDN.  The only thing I've seen is
that
> > you
> > > can do an inline upgrade, but I can't seem to find any specifics on
> this.

> > > TIA.. Andrew

Upgrading E2k3 from RC1 to RTM

Post by Andrew Putna » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:42:10

Thanks, that worked like a charm.

> I kept my mailboxes.  You just ran setup and choose the Re-Install option.
> If you look at the thread "RTM hangs on 2003 server ..." from July 2
1:53PM
> you will see detailed steps of what I did.

> HTH,
> Karan Mavai

> > Were you able to keep your existing mailboxes or did you re-install
fresh?

> > Thanks.

> > > I did a 'Re Install' and everything worked like a charm - including it
> now
> > > shutdown quickly :)

> > > --
> > > Michael Tissington
> > > Oaklodge Technologies
> > > http://www.oaklodge.com/technology

E2k3
> > RC1
> that
> > > you
> > this.

Upgrading E2k3 from RC1 to RTM

Post by <thom_.. » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:59:25

Well, the only other option is to save the database files
and go with a clean install of the RTM version. Inplace
upgrade should be fine but I would make a copy of
the .edb and .stm files before I tried anything. As long
as the databases are in a clean shut-down state
(eseutil /mh [path to database file] will tell you clean
shutdown/dirty shut down)then all your user data is safe.
Let me know if you want to try the clean install method
and I will send you an action plan for it.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Anyone have any experience with this yet?  I have the
Enterprise E2k3 RC1
>and the Enterprise E2k3 RTM from MSDN.  The only thing

I've seen is that you
Quote:>can do an inline upgrade, but I can't seem to find any
specifics on this.

>TIA.. Andrew

>.

1. Upgrade from E2K3 RC1 to RTM trial ?

Hello,

I'm currently running with Exchange Server 2003 RC1 on my testserver, this
version 6.5 (which I downloaded around 13 june) has build: 6940.4. and
should be Release Candidate 1.

Yesterday I downloaded the RTM trial which MS posted on their site 30 june.

Link: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/trial/2003.asp

I'm now trying to upgrade to from RC1 to RTM but somehow the Exchange
wizard doesn't allow me to upgrade.

Has anyone else been able to upgrade to RTM from RC1 ?

And if yes how ? And what's the build number for the RTM trial versin ?

TIA.

--
Henrik Walther
http://whos-on.dk - Realtime Log analyzer til din webserver

2. Unable to display form in Outlook 2000 from Exchange.

3. Upgrading RC1 to 5.5 RTM (older thread, couldn't find it)

4. Outlook Install

5. E2k3 RC1 upgrade from 5.5

6. OWA slow

7. AD Schema changes from RC1 to RTM