Why can't I autoarchive public folders

Post by Matt Trinde » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

We are using outlook 97 with Exchange 5.0, and have about 20 Public
folders linked to NNTP newsgroups.  There seems to be no way in either
Exchange or Outlook to automatically delete items over a certain age.
When I am logged on I have full owner priveledge over the public
folders, and can delete items from them manually.

Am I missing something ?.  Autoarchive is enabled for all of my personal
folders.  There must be some way round this, as our Pub.edb file
currently occupies 10% of our hard drive, and the news groups have only
been linked up for 5 weeks !

We would prefer to set this up from the Exchange end if possible.

Any help or ideas gratefully received. If poss cc replies to the address
below

*

Systems Analyst
Weston Computing          +44 (0)1494 866668
*

1. Why can't I autoarchive public folders ?

[...]

2. is this risky?

3. why i can't see the public folder after i create a public folder

4. Relay restrictions

5. Exchange Group Permission ?

6. Importing list to Outlook PUBLIC folders - why won't O'look allow this

7. email disclaimer's

8. Public folder rules: why SMTP address doesn't work

9. why I can't creat public folder

10. Autoarchive Public Folders

11. Autoarchive a Public Folder

12. Why the script works in personnel folder but not in public folder