How can I only install a OWA 2000 on a internet WEB Server

How can I only install a OWA 2000 on a internet WEB Server

Post by Edward S » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:47:10

Hi,

How can i only install the OWA 2000 on a internet web server ? I have
another server is running Exchange 2000 in the intranet. Just like before
exchange 5.5

Thanks

Edward So

How can I only install a OWA 2000 on a internet WEB Server

Post by Neil Hobso » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:39:12

It's not quite the same now.  You need to look at installing a front-end
server:

http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/E2KFrontBa...

--
Neil Hobson

Silversands
http://www.silversands.co.uk
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
For Enterprise Systems
For Collaborative Solutions

Quote:> Hi,

> How can i only install the OWA 2000 on a internet web server ? I have
> another server is running Exchange 2000 in the intranet. Just like before
> exchange 5.5

> Thanks

> Edward So

How can I only install a OWA 2000 on a internet WEB Server

Post by VS » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:24:35

You cannot separate out OWA from Exchange 2000 because it is a part of
Exchange 2000.  If you want OWA on a separate machine then an FrontEnd
server is what you want.

Intermedia.NET (VS)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> Hi,

> How can i only install the OWA 2000 on a internet web server ? I have
> another server is running Exchange 2000 in the intranet. Just like before
> exchange 5.5

> Thanks

> Edward So

How can I only install a OWA 2000 on a internet WEB Server

Post by Edward S » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:53:30

Is it I need one more Exchange 2000 enterprise verison for the front End
Server.

Thanks
Edward So

Quote:> Hi,