error to access public folders in exchange system manager

error to access public folders in exchange system manager

Post by M. Saji » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 18:10:04

i am running Exchange 2000 on windows 2000 advanced server.. its running
perfectly fine, but I am having problem in accessing properties of public
folders through system manager. As soon as i click it, it gives a dialog
box, which says:

The operation failed
Id no: 80004005
Exchange System Manager
and and Ok button.

although i accessed public folder properties through it many times in past,
but now its giving this problem.. I am using Adminsitrator program, and have
full rights on Exchange server.

Can anyone help me out.
Sajid

--
Any help in this regard would be appreciated?
Thanks & Regards

error to access public folders in exchange system manager

Post by Harald Wallu » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:15:23

You use also an Exchange 5.5.
I believe this problem appeare because of special users from Exchange 5.5.
I play around with the ADC-Conenction agreement for public folders und
also delete all not well kown users from public folders.
These you can do, if you logged in as administrator und start up outlook.

Harald.

Quote:> i am running Exchange 2000 on windows 2000 advanced server.. its running
> perfectly fine, but I am having problem in accessing properties of public
> folders through system manager. As soon as i click it, it gives a dialog
> box, which says:

> The operation failed
> Id no: 80004005
> Exchange System Manager
> and and Ok button.

> although i accessed public folder properties through it many times in
past,
> but now its giving this problem.. I am using Adminsitrator program, and
have
> full rights on Exchange server.

> Can anyone help me out.
> Sajid

> --
> Any help in this regard would be appreciated?
> Thanks & Regards
> Sajid

error to access public folders in exchange system manager

Post by Alan Da » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 04:44:01

Sajid,

This article might have some useful info for you too: Q289492

Quote:> i am running Exchange 2000 on windows 2000 advanced server.. its running
> perfectly fine, but I am having problem in accessing properties of public
> folders through system manager. As soon as i click it, it gives a dialog
> box, which says:

> The operation failed
> Id no: 80004005
> Exchange System Manager
> and and Ok button.

> although i accessed public folder properties through it many times in
past,
> but now its giving this problem.. I am using Adminsitrator program, and
have
> full rights on Exchange server.

> Can anyone help me out.
> Sajid

> --
> Any help in this regard would be appreciated?
> Thanks & Regards
> Sajid

1. error to access public folders in exchange system manager

i am running Exchange 2000 on windows 2000 advanced server.. its running
perfectly fine, but I am having problem in accessing properties of public
folders through system manager. As soon as i click it, it gives a dialog
box, which says:

The operation failed
Id no: 80004005
Exchange System Manager
and and Ok button.

although i accessed public folder properties through it many times in past,
but now its giving this problem.. I am using Adminsitrator program, and have
full rights on Exchange server.

Can anyone help me out.
Sajid

--
Any help in this regard would be appreciated?
Thanks & Regards
Sajid

2. public folder

3. inbox not displaying on IE 5.5 (outlook web access)

4. IM problem with 1 workstation

5. Fix for 80004005 error, cannot access Public folder properties in Exchange System Manager

6. ID no. c1031662 on Generating OAB

7. Error accessing public folders using Exchange System Manager

8. Fix for 80004005 error, cannot access Public folder properties in Exchange System Manager

9. Error 80004005 when trying to access public folder properties in Exchange System Manager

10. Error 80004005 when Accessing public folder with System Manager

11. Can not access Public Folders in Exchange System Manager