EX2K to EX2K SMTP Relay

Post by Mark Strehlo » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 01:09:24

Hello all,

I'm looking for a good article or guide that will assist
me with the following configuration.

I have 2 separate Exchange 2000 organizations that are

happen is when an external user sends an e-mail to

It checks to see if the users is local if not, it then
forwards it to the secondary Exchange 2000 location where
it is resolved.

Mark

EX2K to EX2K SMTP Relay

Post by Neil Hobso » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 01:18:25

On the properties of the SMTP virtual server in Exchange System Manager,
there's the option 'forward all mail with unresolved recipients to host'.
Does that fit your needs?

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk

> Hello all,

> I'm looking for a good article or guide that will assist
> me with the following configuration.

> I have 2 separate Exchange 2000 organizations that are

> happen is when an external user sends an e-mail to

> It checks to see if the users is local if not, it then
> forwards it to the secondary Exchange 2000 location where
> it is resolved.

> Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

> Mark

1. SMTP Relay Problems with EX2K behind ISA Server

I am having difficulties getting remote clients to be able to send on a
server that is located behind a firewall.

The remote clients can receive mail form thier pop accounts , but when
trying to send, the SMTP service does not relay the message.

The SMTP relay is set to allow only authenticated clients to relay messages.
When it is setup to allow all/any to relay messages, it works fine.

Clients SMTP settings are configured with a proper userid, and password that
will allow them on the smtp server.

It obviously has something to do with the remote clients not authenticating
correctly, but I do not know exactly what!!!

What am I missing here?????

2. desporate

3. EX2K SMTP and relay

4. How to make external AD referral visible within Outlook client

5. Moving Ex2k to Ex2k new server

6. Administrating another site

7. Ex2k Server or Ex2k Entreprise server ?

8. OL98 Custom Forms?

9. Ex2k <-> Ex2k communication problem

10. migration from ex2k to ex2k

11. Upgrade Ex2K to Ex2K Enterprice

12. Ex2k Standard to Ex2k Enterprise

13. Relay to internal 5.5 from an Ex2k machine