Automatic installation of IMS

Post by Ronald den O » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I need to install IMS (Exchange 5.5) on over 400 existing machines. Is there
a way to script the installation or can it be done from the command line?

Thanks...

Ronald den Os,
Rabobank Netherlands.

Automatic installation of IMS

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I need to install IMS (Exchange 5.5) on over 400 existing machines. Is there
>a way to script the installation or can it be done from the command line?

I don't know of a way to automate the installation. The X.400
connector, MTA Transport Stack, and Directory Replication Connector
can be exported to a CSV and imported at the destination site, but the
IMS doesn't seem to lend itself to that sort of manipulation.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Automatic Installation

Hi

If i want to setup aoutlook98 with exchange server (called=Mail1) and
the mailbox name user1 password also user1, is there anyway i can
install outlook with a scrip that setup the exchange server?

I want to run setup with a script and leave, and when the user comes
back everything should work.

Can that be done?

Thanx

Ben

2. Active Directory Connector Service Account

3. installation of IMS on Exchange 5.5

4. Outlook 97/98 (a LotusNotes, ccMail copycat?

5. OUTBOUND MESSAGES NOT DELIVERED VIA IMS AFTER INSTALLATION OF SR4

6. New Exchange Server Doesn't Share Public Folder Structure

7. help Installation IMS

8. Changing Default Email Address?

9. newbie: IMS installation

10. IMS Installation Error

11. **No routing appear in IMS after SP2 installation**

12. Error in IMS installation

13. IMS/INS Metabase Error during Installation