Outlook error

Post by Michael Test » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 23:27:04

Even since I installed the Exchange 5.5 Admin SP4 proggy within OUTLOOK 2k
on my Windows 2k PRO machine I get an error every time a start OUTLOOK.  It
says that a recently installed program messed up the MAPI or something, do
you want OUTLOOK to fix it.

The first time I said yes, since it also said it could do it--without
harming the other program, need I say it, it lied.  Everytime I made a user
in User Manager it's then supposed to bring up the Exchange Admin program it
would give some OE error.  I reinstalled the admin program and then SP4 it,
and now I don't let OUTLOOK try to fix it.

Everything is working fine EXCEPT that everytime I start OUTLOOK it wants to
fix this.  I keep saying NO and its starting to finally bug me.

Is there a better way to do this, or a way to hack the registry so that it
won't ask me this again?  All seems well otherwise both in OUTLOOK and
Exchange 5.5 no lockup or weird glitches.  Just that stupid warning a couple
times a day.

Thanks for tossing any bones this way...

Mike

Outlook error

Post by Milly Staples - [MVP - Outlook » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 01:46:42

You might want to have a look at this MS KB article, it may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q266/4/18.asp

You can no longer get articles by sending an E-mail to

Hope this helps.

--
Milly Staples [MVP-Outlook]

Considering installing the Outlook Security Patch or Office SP-2?
Read these pages first and consider your choices carefully:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm
[Post all responses ONLY to the newsgroup, please.]

| Even since I installed the Exchange 5.5 Admin SP4 proggy within OUTLOOK
2k
| on my Windows 2k PRO machine I get an error every time a start OUTLOOK.
It
| says that a recently installed program messed up the MAPI or something,
do
| you want OUTLOOK to fix it.
|
| The first time I said yes, since it also said it could do it--without
| harming the other program, need I say it, it lied.  Everytime I made a
user
| in User Manager it's then supposed to bring up the Exchange Admin program
it
| would give some OE error.  I reinstalled the admin program and then SP4
it,
| and now I don't let OUTLOOK try to fix it.
|
| Everything is working fine EXCEPT that everytime I start OUTLOOK it wants
| fix this.  I keep saying NO and its starting to finally bug me.
|
| Is there a better way to do this, or a way to hack the registry so that
it
| won't ask me this again?  All seems well otherwise both in OUTLOOK and
| Exchange 5.5 no lockup or weird glitches.  Just that stupid warning a
couple
| times a day.
|
| Thanks for tossing any bones this way...
|
| Mike

1. Outlook Error: "Cannot Start Outlook"

An error that appears from time to time when a user with a roaming profile
attempts to start Outlook is: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook"

Technet gives half a dozen or so technical references to this but none of
them are relevant to this situation. For example, if another user logs onto
the machine, Outlook works fine.

What I have found, and this may be a useful TechNet addition, is that if you
restore the user's profile from backup tape, the problem is resolved.
Obviously the error was created by a corrupt roaming profile.

2. \exchsrvr\imcdata\in

3. Post Exchange SP3 Outlook errors

4. Rpccnt for measuring RPC activity? Other tools?

5. Exchange and Outlook Error

6. TEAMPLANNING: Query Group Calendars with OUTLOOK and Exchange

7. Strange Outlook error after migration to new Ex2k srv

8. Help Looking for Ideas

9. Outlook error after moving mail box to exchange 2000

10. Outlook Error: You do not have permission...

11. Microsoft Outlook error

12. outlook error with exchange 5.5

13. Outlook error when connecting to Exchange Server