Exchange setup hangs

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>I'm having problems with Exchange server setup. I'm installing as first server
>on a Nt 4.0 server (service pack 1). Exchange version is 4.0. The problam is
>that the setup hangs on the final phase, when it is writing to the registry.

>Anyone has experienced this problem? Any probable causes and solutions?

Just a general question: why are you not running SP3 on the NT server?

1. Exchange setup hangs at site replication service (SRS) installation

I have old NT 4.0 SP 6 domain controller running MS Exchange 5.5 SP3 and a
new W2K Advanced Server SP1 computer. I was planning to transfer domain
controller and exchange server to a new machine. The idea was to have two
domains and two mail servers running simultaneously for some time until I
will be sure that new server is working OK and I can decommission old server
without any work interruption.

I have created new forest and domain, set up ADC, imported all exchange
user&groups information from old machine, then run ForestPrep & DomainPrep
and asked setup to joing Existing Exchange 5.5 organization. When progress
was on "Installing Site Replication Service and initializing", process stops
forever. After analyzing Exchange Server setup log, I guess that setup
successfully installed replication from old machine to new but was unable to
install replication from new machine to old: "recoverable error was found,
will wait n+1 seconds before retry". I am using account with administrative
privileges on both machines. What did I miss? I was following the
instructions described in SixSteps.doc from Microsoft Exchange Web Site.

I tried installation several times by removing exchange and active directory
from new machine but it always gives the same results.

Please help! I give up.

2. ASP, CDO & Exchange 2000

3. Exchange 2000 setup hangs

4. can't move more than 1 item at a time in Outlook

5. Setup Hanging on Exchange-SA service.

6. SMTP Email sent from New Exchange 2000 not received by AOL

7. Setup Hangs on Installing Site Replication Service

8. Recipient Policies

9. outlook configuration process hangs during initial setup

10. Setup hang when installing Exch 5.5 on W2K advanced Svr

11. Setup Hangs.....

12. setup hangs, need help !!!

13. Internet Mail Service Hangs before finishing Setup