KMS will not re-install

Post by Jim Pose » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 02:00:47

After a having to manually uninstall and re-install the
1st Exchange Server 2K, KMS won't re-install.  The error
(0xC103F292)states KMS is already installed for the admin
group.  I'm unable to find a way to uninstall KMS for the
existing group and I've found nothing within MS Support.

1. PRB: Reinstalled Root CA and now cannot use KMS

Hello,

I use test environment to have some practice with Windows PKI and Exchange
2000 KMS. I installed Enterprise Root CA on my DC. Then I installed Exchange
2000 Server Enterprise Edition and successfully enrolled some of test users
into Exchnage email security.

One day back I reinstalled CA (read: I completely removed it and installed
again without backing up keys). Now I experience problems with Exchange
Advanced Security snap-in. It refuses to open properties for Key Manager.

I tried to enroll users with AD Users and Computers snap-in, but System
Attendant sent me "Reply from Security Authority", saying that "The message
from the Microsoft Exchange Key Management Server could not be processed.
Contact your administrator for a new security token, and set up advanced
security again."

I think that newly installed CA and KMS just lost each other. Now KMS
assumes that old CA is in use, checks for it and fails.

The question is: is there any way to either get those folks (CA+KMS)
acquainted again or simply reinstall Exchnage KMS?

TIA,
Vsevolod

2. Outlook 2002 and Exchange 5.5 SP4

3. KM Server Not Installing Upon Reinstall of Exch 5.5

4. Telnet Exchange server problems

5. Help with lack of message retreival

6. How do i view Exchange 2000 tabs under AD Users and Computers

7. Installing KMS on an existing site

8. KMS won't install

9. Installing KMS

10. Problem installing KMS on Win2000