Installing Excahnge 5.5 into Exch 2000 Org... Blackberry

Installing Excahnge 5.5 into Exch 2000 Org... Blackberry

Post by Mike Wynn » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:28:29

I have been through the Microsoft KB and found article Q275011.  It states that I
can not add an Exchange 5.5 server to an Exchange 2000 administrative group.
What if I were to install Exchange 5.5 into a new site within the organization?
I did this and it installed.  The questions are as follows:
Did this actually do anything?  Did I actually create a new site?
Can this new site talk back to the original Exchange 2000 Administrative /
Routing Group?
Can I add this server / site to a new Administrative / Routing Group?
I am trying to install this to create Blackberry Enterprise Server.  They do not
currently have a snap-in for Exchange 2000.

If the answer is yes to any of the following, I would greatly appreciate the Q
article number.

Thanks

Mike

1. Insalling Excahnge 5.5 into Excahnge 2000 Organization - Blackberry

I have been through the Microsoft KB and found article Q275011.  It states
that I can not add an Exchange 5.5 server to an Exchange 2000 administrative
group.  What if I were to install Exchange 5.5 into a new site within the
organization?  I did this and it installed.  The questions are as follows:
Did this actually do anything?  Did I actually create a new site?
Can this new site talk back to the original Exchange 2000 Administrative /
Routing Group?
Can I add this server / site to a new Administrative / Routing Group?
I am trying to install this to create Blackberry Enterprise Server.  They do
not currently have a snap-in for Exchange 2000.

If the answer is yes to any of the following, I would greatly appreciate the
Q article number.

Thanks

Mike

2. RESVC Error

3. E-mail not going thru

4. sending mail between 5.5 Exchange Org and a Exch 2000 Org

5. Internet service for win31

6. Up Exch 5.5 to Exch 2000 using Exch from BackOffice 2000 CDs

7. memory requirements of NT4SP3 + Exch5SP1 50 users

8. Public Folder Replication - Exchange 5.5 Org and Exchange 2000 Org

9. Public Folders between 5.5 Org and 2000 Org

10. Public Folder Replication - Exchange 5.5 Org and Exchange 2000 Org

11. Migrating Exch 5.5 NT4.0 to Exch 2000/Win 2000