I'm searching a news server to pull up messages

I'm searching a news server to pull up messages

Post by Sasch » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I tried with msnews.microsoft.com but i recieve only public messages and not
any other such it.comp.winnt and so on.
I have setup exchange and is fine running on BOS4.5

thanks

1. News pull isn't pulling / Exch 5.5

As I understand the "pull" feature it is to act as if a news client is
logged onto the ISP's news server and therefor no special stuff or treatment
needed by/from ISP. Do I understand this correctly?

I get the following in the event log. Is feed -2 correct? i.e. the minus
number, or is that simply a dash?

From event log:
Inbound Feed Status Report.  In the last 60 minutes the inbound feed -2 on
virtual server 1 has successfully received 0 articles, has asked the remote
server to retry 0 articles, and has had 0 soft errors and 0 hard errors
trying to receive and store articles.  The inbound feed -2 corresponds to
articles picked up from the pickup directory.  The inbound feed -1
corresponds to articles posted by clients.

Needless to say... no news is apearing in exchange.

Any ideas?

TIA - Heinz
--
Byte Designs Ltd. -- A good source for ISAM & ODBC expertise.

2. Client Rule

3. Pull Newsfeed setup to download news from External News Server

4. viewing pri or pub.edb

5. Pulling news, can't do it

6. Exchange/OWA configuration

7. NNTP Doesn't Pull News

8. strange color of administrative folder

9. Which News server supports pull feeds?

10. Pull articles for MS news server

11. Exchange News does not sub-head follow-ups

12. My NNTP news pull won't download news subject heading older the today's date?

13. news feed - exchange adds 'system headers', messages rejected