Hosting two domains on one server

Post by Anto » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 04:11:04

Hi all,
I've setup our exchange2K to support mail for lets say
domain.com everything works fine, we can send and recieve
mail.
But now I want to setup another mail domain say domain2.com
on the same server witch resides in domain.com and hosts
mail for that domain.
problem: I can send mail from within our lan to users with

3 wen they are on the road, but when somebody outside our
domain(lan) send an email to users on domain2.com they get
a NDR saying mailbox doesn't exisist.
In other words how can I setup two diferent email domains
on the same server ?

Post by MV » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 04:37:47

>Hi all,
>I've setup our exchange2K to support mail for lets say
>domain.com everything works fine, we can send and recieve
>mail.
>But now I want to setup another mail domain say domain2.com
>on the same server witch resides in domain.com and hosts
>mail for that domain.
>problem: I can send mail from within our lan to users with

>3 wen they are on the road, but when somebody outside our
>domain(lan) send an email to users on domain2.com they get
>a NDR saying mailbox doesn't exisist.
>In other words how can I setup two diferent email domains
>on the same server ?

Set up an additional domain in the smtp service (from the exchange
console on E2K systems)

Mark Arnold MCSE MVP

Before U post... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

1. Two Servers, two domains one Exchange

Hello there,

I have a ?small? problem :P that is this. I have one
server running Exchange 2000 with one Primary Domain
Controlley (xpto.net), and it's working fine. Well now I
have another server with another PDC (zyw.net) and I want
to incorporate the mailboxes from that domain to Exchange
Server.

My problem is when I go to an user of zyw.net from the
server xpto.net, I go to "Users and Computers"
then "Connect to Domain Controller" , choose the User to
create the MailBox then in the "Create Mailbox" when it's
possible to create choose the Server and "Mailbox/Store"
No Options are given to me unlesse the Server Option with
zyn.net that doesn't interest to me right?
So any clues people, do I need to create something in DNS
Server? In what server? MX Records I already created them.
Any clues?

Thanks very much, Regards

2. Slow email clients.

3. One Exchange Server, Two Domains, Two User Email Addresses

4. OWA access problems

5. two locations, two exchange servers and one domain !!!

6. Help!!! Does Microsoft publish the ActiveX for "Add New NT Account and Exchange Mailbox"?

7. Hosting two exchange 2000 servers in a single windows 2000 domain

8. Outlook 2K Encryption Issue.

9. Multi-Domain Mail Hosting on one Exchange Server?

10. Hosting multiple email domains on one OWA 5.5 Server

11. Questions on hosting multi domain names (.com) emails on one single server

12. Multi-Domain Mail Hosting on one Exchange Server?