Ex2k Standard to Ex2k Enterprise

Post by Geoff Westlin » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:31:45

We are upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise and Microsoft
says that all that you need to do is reinstall.  Is there anything else that
you should do before you run this other than the obvious full system backup?

Thanks,

Geoff

Ex2k Standard to Ex2k Enterprise

Post by William Lefkovics [MVP » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:09:07

Advise the boss how difficult this move is and how you are just the man for
the job!

It really is this simple.  Backup.  Install.

William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+

Quote:> We are upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise and Microsoft
> says that all that you need to do is reinstall.  Is there anything else
that
> you should do before you run this other than the obvious full system
backup?

> Thanks,

> Geoff

Ex2k Standard to Ex2k Enterprise

Post by BB » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 09:04:25

Just in case you might want to make repair disks and also
backup your active directory before you venture on like
william says its easy but you want to take all the
precautions because you might just be back here next week
asking what you did wrong........ always take the proper
precaution when working with microsoft products......

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Advise the boss how difficult this move is and how you

are just the man for
>the job!

>It really is this simple.  Backup.  Install.

>William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+

>> We are upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to

Enterprise and Microsoft
Quote:>> says that all that you need to do is reinstall.  Is
there anything else
>that
>> you should do before you run this other than the
obvious full system
>backup?

>> Thanks,

>> Geoff

>.

Ex2k Standard to Ex2k Enterprise

Post by Geoff Westlin » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:54:01

Thanks for the input!

> Just in case you might want to make repair disks and also
> backup your active directory before you venture on like
> william says its easy but you want to take all the
> precautions because you might just be back here next week
> asking what you did wrong........ always take the proper
> precaution when working with microsoft products......

Thanks William!