BETA: Changing the default time-outs for OWA Cookie auth

BETA: Changing the default time-outs for OWA Cookie auth

Post by Kara » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:24:27

Anyone know the registry keys to change the default time out values for the
Forms based authentication in OWA on Exchange 2003?

In TechEd they said that the regkeys should be visible after install, but
I've checked the all the locations I can think of and all the documentation
I could find and I haven't been able to turn anything up yet.

Thanks in advance,
Karan Mavai

BETA: Changing the default time-outs for OWA Cookie auth

Post by Randy Treit [MSFT » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 02:10:45

This is documented in the What's New in Exchange Server 2003 document
(http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/library).

Check out the section: "Logon Security Page Options." You have to create the
new DWORD values under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWeb\OWA

Randy
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

Quote:> Anyone know the registry keys to change the default time out values for
the
> Forms based authentication in OWA on Exchange 2003?

> In TechEd they said that the regkeys should be visible after install, but
> I've checked the all the locations I can think of and all the
documentation
> I could find and I haven't been able to turn anything up yet.

> Thanks in advance,
> Karan Mavai

BETA: Changing the default time-outs for OWA Cookie auth

Post by Kara » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 02:35:35

Thanks Randy,

I had the document and I totally missed it.  I'm still battling with the
RPC\HTTPS not working so I missed this part.

Cheers,
Karan Mavai

> This is documented in the What's New in Exchange Server 2003 document
> (http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/library).

> Check out the section: "Logon Security Page Options." You have to create
the
> new DWORD values under:

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWeb\OWA

> Randy
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.

> > Anyone know the registry keys to change the default time out values for
> the
> > Forms based authentication in OWA on Exchange 2003?

> > In TechEd they said that the regkeys should be visible after install,
but
> > I've checked the all the locations I can think of and all the
> documentation
> > I could find and I haven't been able to turn anything up yet.

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Karan Mavai

BETA: Changing the default time-outs for OWA Cookie auth

Post by Kara » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 02:39:07

PS ... Let the folks that are doing the messaging track in TechEd know that
this registry key is not exposed by default.  I recall 2 different
presenters stating it as fact that the key would be there after install and
it wasn't the type that you needed to add after the fact.  I'm not sure if
they were referring to changes that will be there for RTM, but RC1 is
obviously not like this.

Thanks again