Domain Controller or Not ???

Post by Mat » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:24:24

Hi,

I was wandering if there's a way to install Exchange 2000
on a windows 2000 server without being a domain
controller. If yes, witch one is better and is there
something special to do ?

Thanks !!!

P.-S. We only have one domain !

Domain Controller or Not ???

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:12:57

Yes, in fact, it's preferable to run Exchange on a member server rather than
a domain controller, providing you already have AD servers.

> Hi,

> I was wandering if there's a way to install Exchange 2000
> on a windows 2000 server without being a domain
> controller. If yes, witch one is better and is there
> something special to do ?

> Thanks !!!

> P.-S. We only have one domain !

Domain Controller or Not ???

Post by Michael Bel » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:46:05

Nothing special to do. Just make certain that the member server is a member
of the appropriate domain and that it is pointing to a DC/DNS server so that
when Exchange needs to find information about the domain it is pointing at
the appropriate information.

--
Michael Bell
Bell Consulting Services, Inc.

Quote:> Hi,

> I was wandering if there's a way to install Exchange 2000
> on a windows 2000 server without being a domain
> controller. If yes, witch one is better and is there
> something special to do ?

> Thanks !!!

> P.-S. We only have one domain !

1. All Domain controllers are not responding SOLLUTION

This sollution is about the 2102 error message on the exchange server after
you applied SP2

I have a problem that occurred sinds I installed sp2 for exchange 2000 Many
times in an hour it can't find the domain controller (globalcatalogserver)

This is the event log message: Process MAD.EXE (PID=1836). All

Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding:

server.server.com

The SOLLUTION IS Q320436 patch. This patch is for something else made but
resolves this issue. Microsoft?

2. How to get "Private" property off an appointment

3. All domain controllers are not responding SOLLUTION

4. Question: Proper order to stop / start services?

5. Domain controller could not be contacted

6. Exchange server 2000 sunning out of license

7. All domain controllers are not responding SOLLUTION

8. error 2140

9. Domain controller or not?

10. All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding

11. Switching Domain Controllers - Exchange Server DID NOT LIKE THAT

12. All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding

13. All domain controller server in use are not responding