Inherited rights

Post by Mario Verschu » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone help me with this :

I don't seem to be able to manage resources in the exchange server such as
recipients and connections. Since I don't have any rights to modify these
items. I copied my account recently from administrator and tried to manage
our exchange server using the exchange server administrator. But I only see
the other system managers in the inherited rights, but this account is
member of the domain admins as the primaire group.

How can I obtain these rights ?

Mario Verschuur

or

Inherited rights

Post by Amiri Jone » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Can anyone help me with this :

> I don't seem to be able to manage resources in the exchange server such as
> recipients and connections. Since I don't have any rights to modify these
> items. I copied my account recently from administrator and tried to manage
> our exchange server using the exchange server administrator. But I only
see
> the other system managers in the inherited rights, but this account is
> member of the domain admins as the primaire group.

> How can I obtain these rights ?

    Ultimately, all containers inherit their permissions from either the
Organization (your organization name), Site (your site names), or Server
containers.  Log on as the Exchange service account and check the
permissions on these containers.  Add the desired user accounts or groups
(recommended), with the desired permissions.  No account other than the
service account should have the Service Account Admin role, and the number
of accounts/groups with the Permissions Admin role should also be as small
as possible.