PROBLEMS ADDING NEW SITE IN EXISTING ORGANIZATION

PROBLEMS ADDING NEW SITE IN EXISTING ORGANIZATION

Post by admi » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi

Can anyone help.
I have a problem when I install exchange and try to create a new site in
a existing organization. When I specify join a existing site during
exchange setup and specify the server in the organization. I receive all
relavent information. So connectivity and permissions is not an issue.
When I create a new site but specify the same organization name, the
install conttinues well but using the exchange admin program I cannot
browse for the other servers in the organization. However I can connect
by specifying the server name.

Please help!!

Thanks

Post by Ronald van Barnevel » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>Hi

>Can anyone help.
>I have a problem when I install exchange and try to create a new site in
>a existing organization. When I specify join a existing site during
>exchange setup and specify the server in the organization. I receive all
>relavent information. So connectivity and permissions is not an issue.
>When I create a new site but specify the same organization name, the
>install conttinues well but using the exchange admin program I cannot
>browse for the other servers in the organization. However I can connect
>by specifying the server name.

Try setting up a connector and directory replication between the sites. That will definately do the trick.

>Please help!!

>Thanks

Ronald

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>Can anyone help.
>I have a problem when I install exchange and try to create a new site in
>a existing organization. When I specify join a existing site during
>exchange setup and specify the server in the organization. I receive all
>relavent information. So connectivity and permissions is not an issue.
>When I create a new site but specify the same organization name, the
>install conttinues well but using the exchange admin program I cannot
>browse for the other servers in the organization. However I can connect
>by specifying the server name.

Until you install a messaging connector between the sites and then
install a directory replication connector you won't see anything
except your own site.

Richard Matheisen                             Wang Global
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA